Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Jungle Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xWarcrestx

03-25-2012

Olaf with health poops on a lot of people, and I can carry with him. J4.. I haven't played him in a long while. Shoot I guess I basically have a lot of these champs or played them... Maybe I'll buy Jarvan or Skarner or Shyvana. Suggestions on which?

Chogull

03-25-2012

You might want to try Olaf. He can clear the jungle incredibly fast. His passive urges you to build lots of Health. (each 1% of health missing, Olaf's attack speed is increased by 1%)
So you build him tanky and can still do big damage with his 'E' Reckless Swing. (Reckess Swing does true damage)
you can build him 9/21/0 and try building ...
Warmogs-Atmas Impaler or Frozen Mallet-Atmas Impaler are both good routes to take.
Zekes Herald is also really a good item on Olaf depending on your team comp.

Jarvan is also a good pick for a tank jungler who does good damage. You can build him with 21 points in the offense mastery tree and then build mostly tank items.

xWarcrestx

03-25-2012

So the final decision has come. Jarvan IV, Skarner, or Shyvana?

Vashjir

03-25-2012

I would recommend Dr. Mundo or Skarner.
Skarner over Mundo, but either is viable, and both are effective.

xWarcrestx

03-25-2012

Already own Mundo and love him. And just bought skarner. He's a monster

Biffels

03-25-2012

Jarvan
Rammus
Malphite
Amumu
Alistar
Blitz (sorta tank)
mundo
cho (seen it)
maokai
shen
trundle
udyr
volibear
warwick
naut

Lots of choices...
As far as being able to hold a carry and trade semi equally...
Udyr (you'll actually win that trade since you'll jut go lifesteal it back via turtle stance)
Shen
Warwick
Naut
Rammus (you'll need your ult and a rather aggressive build and they must be an AD carry)
Blitz (vs AP carries, just silence them for the trade and gtfo)
Maokai (not really a "trade" but you can always poke while being able to take their dmg and his ult is a trade in itself)

There's still plenty of other tanky junglers, I kinda stuck to the more tanky ones leaving out the bruisers such as lee sin and nocturne

CEETGEEK

03-25-2012

Maokai. He blends in really well, so it's hard to counter-jungle him.

shadooklaw

03-25-2012

What all the others suggested, but also try Cho'gath. His passive help you regain a bit of health, you can build AD with a fratmogs and his e targets whole camps. Also dont forget hus ult, its a free smite that gets you health.

JoeRoberts

03-26-2012

Udyr. Counterjungles like a boss, has a stun, deals ridiculous damage with only a wit's end but can be built Triforce for even more ridiculous damage, **** near impossible to kill in a protracted fight. Build Wit's/Randuins/GA/FoN and Triforce -- all the damage, all the tank. Lacks a dedicated initiate though, which is a problem, but is better at actually jungling than most other options.

MrRecht

03-26-2012

I like mundo. xD