Best Jungle Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xWarcrestx

03-24-2012

I'm looking for a jungle tank that... Well I guess that fits my personality per say. I like being a tank that can take damage like a boss, while doing strong, but not necessarily god status carry like damage. Like... Being able to trade blows with a carry but not necessarily coming out on top all of the time, but hanging in there throughout the trade. I know that Lee Sin is really powerful, and I've played a few other unorthodox junglers that not many people play such as Renekton ect. but yea... Just wanna find a good jungler for my play style. Any suggestions?

Chriser

03-24-2012

skarner or olaf

ScreamingBlanket

03-24-2012

Malphite is always a good choice for a jungling tank. He has a free shield and his ganks are very strong, even before he hits 6. With his high armor and free AD steroid, he can usually 1v1 most squishy carries without a problem

xWarcrestx

03-24-2012

Yea... I've played all of these suggestions, and so far I feel I really enjoy malphite. What I have noticed abotu him though is that... If you don't have a good team backing you, your ganks will NOT become successful until later game. I was 1/6 one game and I was bull****ting because my team was blaming me for not tanking efficiently even though I made perfect calls and they never executed. The only reason why we ended up winning is three consecutive aces due to malphite ults XD

Little Boy Nate

03-24-2012

Shyvana even if you dont build tanky still is impossible to kill. She deals tons of damage AoE and single target in her dragon as well as being one of the best junglers in the game.

Garroth

03-24-2012

I like Nautilus alot for jungle tank, He clears slow unitl he levels up a bit and can get countered but has good ganks. specially after lvl 6 and plays a great role team fights

xWarcrestx

03-24-2012

I looooooove nautilus. I forgot I had him till just now LOL

3ternalkarma

03-24-2012

Rammus. he roflstomps AD carries.

2inchesofsteel

03-24-2012

Amumu is a great tank jungler also tanky mundo is good but a lot less common. singed if you feel like getting real experimental

Misticaltom

03-24-2012

I'm a big fan of Jarvan IV myself.

He's able to gank anybody, with a huge array of gap closers and cc, flash not even necesary altho it can be used as a sorta flash+flag+ult triple move, or even other things. His jungle is quite middle ground, and his tanking of damage and dealing of it is both middle as well, that passive helps deal damage and if build a bit Tanky DPS, he can tank and initiate while dealing decent damage, not different than most in that regard.

Nautilaus is also a good CC and tanky champ for jungling, and if done right will dominiate on 1v1's mid game, however if it's 2v1, naut won't last in that situation, his damage relying on the shield he has up, so being out bursted hurts him hard. He can do this whole ignore the tower and force a gank thing thanks to his huge cc preventing people from kiting him, or his partners.

Olaf, when you build health, which is my perfered, can out duel many champs in and out of the jungle, quite fast in his jungle clearing, but his extremely slow movement speed hurts, real bad at times, make sure you got ghost up or a really good CC lane guy to hold them down when you gank, you'll destroy what you hit.