Singed build????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sufyries

03-24-2012

Hi, I was wondering what the most optimal/balanced build would be for our favorite Chemistry teacher.

Don't downvote me on this, just tell me what would be better. I go...

Merc Treads
Catalyst > RoA
Rylais
Force of Nature - The one MR Item
Frozen Heart - The one Armor item
Banshees/Thornmail/GA/Warmogs - Depending on how the other team leans in damage, final defense item to max your resistances or health toward AD, AP, or both.

Is Rabadons a good item for singed? If so where would it go?

Sufyries

03-24-2012

bump

Frigid Wrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

how i build singed:

1st and foremost!
MS quints are a must!!!!
i also run flat armor seals, and flat mr glyphs, with magic pen marks

i run 1/21/8 masteries, picking up swiftness in utility.

i use these in SR TT and dom.

in SR, i start either regrowth pendant or dorans shield, depending on the enemy, making a philo reasonably soon,
-the order i get my first few items is highly dependent on how i am doing in lane, and who i am against.

i go boots 3, and will hold onto the philo until i think cc is becoming an issue, and upgrade it into Eleisa's Miracle at that point.

if i am doing well, or at least can have roa finished by ~20minutes; i will make roa

if the game is going badly, catalyst goes into a BV, and i grab rylai instead as it does not need charge time.

edit: even if i make roa, i still make a BV

i like frozen heart

if i am absolutely owning or if our mid is making wota, i will make one as well for the double aura.
-this isn't just for me, the AP will love that as well.

fon is ok, but with all the masteries, boots3, and ms quints, i dont really care about the extra ms too much

extreme lategame sometimes i make a zhonyas, imo it is important to keep enough AP so your gas actually poses a threat to the enemy, not to mention you want to be able to just run through lanes cleaning minions in just one pass

thornmail is situational, i dont grab until i have hp

i dont like warmogs

i dont like GA

i dont like rabadons

if they are making a bunch of mallets or have ashe, i might make randuin's

oh! and in dominion i never make roa, and will usually grab mercs instead, and i make haunting guise 1st item after boots

-.-" as i said, this is just what i build, as a state of fact... idk why i need to be downvoted for that. seeing as this thread is allegedly a discussion on optimal builds for singed. keyword: discussion

Sufyries

03-24-2012

Bump

lxmach1

03-24-2012

run really fast boots!
warmogs!
archangel staff!
archangel staff!
archangel staff!
archangel staff!

TacticalRevenge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufyries View Post
Hi, I was wondering what the most optimal/balanced build would be for our favorite Chemistry teacher.

Don't downvote me on this, just tell me what would be better. I go...

Merc Treads
Catalyst > RoA
Rylais
Force of Nature - The one MR Item
Frozen Heart - The one Armor item
Banshees/Thornmail/GA/Warmogs - Depending on how the other team leans in damage, final defense item to max your resistances or health toward AD, AP, or both.

Is Rabadons a good item for singed? If so where would it go?
If you build too tanky, your damage won't be enough to matter. At lower levels/ELO, it won't matter as people can be stupid enough to focus you, but once you start playing with smart enough people, it is imperative to have a good balance between damage and tankyness. I'm pretty situational with Singed so my build could be the same for 10 games or I could have 10 different build. But this is how I decide:

Start with Catalyst ASAP, I usually ignore even Boots1 in order to get Catalyst fast as without it, your sustain is sucky and top lane is all about sustain. After that, if you are doing well, you can ignore Boots 1 or 2 to get RoA right away, else get Boots 1 then RoA then Boots2... If you aren't doing great, get Boots 2 first, then build towards RoA. If you are getting massacred even consider Armor or MR before finishing RoA. You can Get BV instead of RoA but only if you really need that MR and spell shield (ie: fed Karthus), but this shouldn't happen often

Shoes- Usually Ninja Tabi vs Merc Threads, if in doubt Merc threads. That early MR and Tenacity helps a lot. Against low CC and heavy Auto-Attack teams, Ninja Tabi is the way to go. If there is no CC and no AA (almost never happens) Boots 3 or if you are owning Sorcerer Shoes can work as well, but it shouldn't happen more than 5% of the time

At this point it is situational and it also depends on preference. If I need MR and I have a fed AP carry or 2 APs in my team, I'll usually go Abyssal Scepter. If I am doing very well and either the enemy has lots of magic dmg or my team has a lot of magic dmg, I'll still go Abyssal. If you are getting really hurt by their magic dmg then Force of Nature is definitively the best choice. If they have a lot of hard CC (stun etc) consider a QSS. If they are very much AA based and they focus you a lot, Thornmail for sure, if they don't focus you, Frozen Heart to help the team (as always, when building aura items make sure noone else in your team is building it), another great option is Randuin but if noone has FH, FH>Randuins. Thornmail also is great against certain champs like Warwick, Fiora and Twitch (their ult is processed by Thornmail), Shyvana (Twin Bite, even in dragon form), and very AA reliant champs like Yi, Ashe, Tryn, Vayne etc. Remember though, thornmail is useless if they don't attack you! I usually go Thornmail + Abyssal Scepter route as the magic pen will make the thornmail work better. Another possibility is Zhonya if you want to hurt a lot more, have armor, and be able to activate zhonya in the very tight dual where all you need is 2 more seconds of poison proc to kill the person (or need fling to get off the cooldown) OR if you get focused to the point of almost dying in a teamfight just pop it up

so for MR it's Abyssal Scepter or Force of Nature, with a special mention to QSS or BV situationally

for Armor, Frozen Heart or Thornmail, with a special mention to Randuin (good when having hard time against lane get the Heart of Gold for Gold per 5 or when supporting at bot) and Zhonya (if not focused enough, get more AP ) and perhaps Aegis of Legion if your team is too squishy

So that's 4 items... by then I usually build Rabadon as my 5th item if I built either Zhonya or Abyssal. If not it depends...If I need more MR speed and dmg, I might just troll with a Lich Bane, If my team needs me to slow the team, and I need that HP, Rylai's is great, if I need to be tankier I'll get a second defensive item, maybe GA if idk what to do at all (basically never). If I have Abyssal Scepter + Thornmail and the game is not far from ending and they got a Warwick and lots of AA, I'll usually go with Haunting guise or Void Staff to troll a bit and finish with a Rabadon. I can also go Rabadon + Lich Bane as 6th. You can basically do what you want but you should have already won the game at this point xD I'll also consider WotA for the sustain + Aura to help the team.

5th and 6th item can really be what you want but I try to fit in Rabadon to do damage and not be ignored which leaves either the 5th or 6th item to be completely situational and what you want. I like haunting guise against teams with absurdly low MR

TL;DR

RoA
Merc Threads and sometimes Ninja Tabi instead
FrozenHeart/Thornmail or AbyssalScepter/ForceOfNature
The other one from the choices above
Rabadon or SItuational item
the other one from the choices above

Sufyries

03-24-2012

bump

ItsRainingBlades

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufyries View Post
bump
You just got a wall of text that covers a lot and you Bump spam bump this thread? Ask a specific question or something that the wall of text doesn't cover or something.

Yes Rabadon is OK on Singed if you aren't gong full tank as it will boost your damage and make people focus you more, or if they still don't then you wreak havok, specially on those squishy carries

Rylai's is situational IMO, if the slow won't help you much (remember your goo does 75% slow, the Rylai only give you 15%) then don't take it. Sure the 500 health helps but you might get ignored in team fights. Much better to build an Aura item or another AP item then a Rylai's, and early game Rylai's is not a good idea as you need that early Armor and or MR, else your EHP will be way too low

onaprayer

03-24-2012

just check out invertedcomposer. Guy plays singed like gamerslegends plays warwick, and vampyro plays twitch

FadedChameleon

03-24-2012

Generally my build is like this:

Starting: Sapphire and 2 Hpots

Then I rush catalyst first above everything even boots, then I generally buy either boots one, or wait and get boots 2 right away (merc treads of ninja tabi depending on comp)

Then I generally get RoA, then Rjoyl's (although you can get Rjoyl's first for more slow and cc, it's a personal preference)

Then I get a FoN (great item on singed, Health Regen, MS and MR)

Then, and some people may find this odd but I get a Sunfire cape because it gives you more health as well as armor. Plus when you run in and fling your doing extra damage.

Last item for me is a deathcap, but 9/10 you won't get that far. But if you're really fed or the game is really long the extra damage to all your spells will def help you. Fling does a ton.

Also if I am in the trolling mood i'll go full AP singed. Lol but that's only when I have a bunch of friends