Supporting these horrible horrible ADCs......

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chogull

03-25-2012

I have played alot as the role of support in the past few months. With that being said i have seen an even mix of good and bad ADcarries.
As a support you can adapt your play style around how your AD carry is playing in the bottom lane. Its a good idea to watch how your AD carry is playing very early so u can plan your support play style and build during the rest of the laningphase/game.

If your AD carry is over pushing the lane it is very important that you have defensivley warded the river and tribush to keep vision. If the enemy jungler sees a lane is always pushed he is going to respond by constantly ganking... more early wards are a must. Getting boots earlier than usual is also a good idea. If youre running back to your tower for saftey in a pushed senario youll have a longer way to run.

Your AD carry is missing alot of CS or is really bad at last hitting minions. This is bad. Theres nothing you can physically do about it... You best bet is to remind him in chat. "just focus on last hits" "Just farm bro" It couldnt hurt. Raging at him about it wont help any.

If your AD carry is super aggresive make sure you always have your spells ready to follow them in. Stay as close as you can to your opponents w/o being in harms way. This will allow you to have more control over how the fight goes down instead of just chasing after your carry when they decide to jump in. This might require you to use alot more mana than youre used to...so an early mana regen item and even a mana pot might be nessesary.

It also never hurts to recommend your carry an item or two. For example if the enemy team has 2-3 tankier champions you can recommend your AD carry to build towards a Bloodrazor and/or Last Whisper instead of just rushing IE.

lolguy999

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogkiller View Post
testingheroes if I am not mistaken you are level 15... unless you have a level 30 you should be cutting some of your teammates some slack since they are still new at this game... you have been playing Kassadin he is not support.. I understand how frusterating it can be to have teammates that do nothing but feed dont last hit the minions and run into 4v1 fights thinking they are some wacked up version of Superman.. keep playing when u get good teammates add them play games together.. things will start looking up
my friend i didnt intend to do this but testingheros is my smurf which i initially opened to try out kassadin which is now my favorite hero... especially in dominion.

This is my main, lolguy999

i didnt intend to release this info before because of a b c.. but ya most of it is hidden now but i have gone through a 5 game losing streak with sona/janna/taric because my vayne is "talking on the phone" and "losing connections" when you can tell they're trying to get 1 basic attack off at the cost of 2-3 skillshots by the enemy and burning a flash in the process

jÚsus123

03-25-2012

I also hate that i play with janna, I make a perfect timed shield to amke more damage to the enemy carry and my ally run away...

XReyoX

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApackofKoalas View Post
I think the biggest issue between support and ad carry is how they synch. Some supports want to be more aggressive which is hard when I play for example tristana since I would rather farm. I rarely synch well with an aggressive support since I know I farm better than engage. I try to play with my friend who plays support since we synch well. It really takes playing with someone you know to have a strong bot lane and someone who thinks like you.
tris is not a passive ad at all. jumping in at level 2 with a taric/ali support is deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
my friend i didnt intend to do this but testingheros is my smurf which i initially opened to try out kassadin which is now my favorite hero... especially in dominion.

This is my main, lolguy999

i didnt intend to release this info before because of a b c.. but ya most of it is hidden now but i have gone through a 5 game losing streak with sona/janna/taric because my vayne is "talking on the phone" and "losing connections" when you can tell they're trying to get 1 basic attack off at the cost of 2-3 skillshots by the enemy and burning a flash in the process
wait till you start playing ranked and then the idea of "a bad ad carry" will be taken to a new level. Have you seen an ashe without a single level in her frost arrow at level 6?

lolguy999

03-25-2012

played a game with janna just now and this ashe can't last hit for sht, and stays oh so passive even after me and this ganking udyr poked the enemy missfortune down to half health with a leona around. Won't get last hits, often tries but ends up trying to poke missfortune instead which she gets Doubledup in the face and i had to instashield. Game was lost

second game. i already locked in orianna calling mid after some guys asked whether this is a mid orianna. With 3 seconds left on the clock the last guy locks in viktor and calls mid which i let him.
He soon goes awal trying to take down turrets by himself, running deep inside enemy base with turrets still up, refusing to communicate with team, all while im building shurelya and ironlocket. He goes afk and we cant stop enemies from taken baron and loses 10min after

Not playing support again unless i have to in ranked. MARK MY WORDS. Sick and tired of supporting these froobs and missing out on some action. Would rather play an ADC without AD runes than to play another janna or soraka with my AP runes. I got my pratice im done with it till ranked

Directw

03-26-2012

only 5 losing streak and you are start to complain!!!
what is going to happen when you have 1x losing streak? smash your precious PC?

shadow99999

03-26-2012

i hate when ad carry run in 1v2 die's and blames the support even though they did every thing they could to help

Metricos

03-26-2012

Level 12 support player checking in.

Upvoted.

Menea6587

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow99999 View Post
i hate when ad carry run in 1v2 die's and blames the support even though they did every thing they could to help
I hate it when my ad carry yells at me for "letting them die by not healing them" at the hands of 2 people piling on them when the only reason they last 6 seconds longer is BECAUSE I healed them during that time.

My favorite is "WTF? WHY U NO HEAL ME???"
"I did...that's why you weren't dead a few seconds ago."

shadow99999

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
I hate it when my ad carry yells at me for "letting them die by not healing them" at the hands of 2 people piling on them when the only reason they last 6 seconds longer is BECAUSE I healed them during that time.

My favorite is "WTF? WHY U NO HEAL ME???"
"I did...that's why you weren't dead a few seconds ago."
the one i hate the most is when i'm bot lane with naut and they get killed and there like wtf no help and i just say did you not see them fly into the air from my ult there's a reason i like a solo lane