Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low elo SR, High Elo Dominion or vice versa

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakinTheHeat

03-24-2012

I gave it a try, but its a ****ing cesspool. I played 180 games in season 1, but I have almost 2k SR normals.

My highest was 1524, ended season 1 at 1400.

Haven't played a single ranked sr game in Season 2.

There are a lot of reasons as to why Low elo SR players can be high elo Dom players.

SR

1. Laning - Includes last hitting and harassing and avoiding being harassed
  2. Farming
  3. Jungling
  4. Warding
  5. Countering - Items and picks
  6. Team-Fighting

Dominion
  1. Laning - Bot only and a lower level of last hitting needed
  2. Countering
  3. Skirmishing - I'd go as far as to say this is easier than 5v5 teamfighting.

There is a lot less to master, and a lot less to focus on. When someone doesn't have to focus on all of those things at once they can usually be pretty good. People in draft dom have a decent knowledge of countering and laning, but the people in blind, 8/10 of them in every game only have one thing to be good at, and thats the skirmishing. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I think people get overwhelmed by the things you have to be constantly doing in SR. In dom, a lot of those things either don't exist or are diminished, and therefore a lot more players can reach high elo's because there is little to focus on.

Also, the fact that blind and draft share elo's makes it even easier. If people could only duo and draft had its own elo(like if there was ranked) I think there wouldn't be as many at 2k as there are now.

Ikarurob

03-24-2012

low elo SR, low elo Dom, never played TT....Low elo forumjockey....

all around sucking

Ukaei

03-24-2012

I think domini is more about skill and ability to use certain champion. While sf is about..well.. who can farm the most.

larkhill

03-24-2012

i played support in SR and got pretty good. unfortunately a few bad loss streaks due to bad AD carries snowballed into terrible teams and eventually a <1000 rating.

in dominion, my highest was around 1600 or so and ive played with/against people from as high as 2.1k (gotta love matchmaking). whats great about dominion is that i can very easily direct and lead a team to victory. i had a fairly easy transition to playing tanks in dom and i basically carried myself from my old dom rank of 1000 (i sucked at dom when it first came out lol) to 1600 with leona and naut when he came out. the dom community is much more receptive to listening to eachother and following orders. i do dabble in AP bot lanes when needed and love to play turtle bot lane champs like karthus. no1 expects the turtle exhaust/garrison defensive karthus. i can always get easy ganks from people pushing me to the tower and overextending all game.

SR is simply too team-dependent. if i played a carry or something, i can udnerstand getting high elo but as a support wit hthe 0 cs meta, it became almost impossible to solo queue out of the hole im in. it really is as simply as that

inFe eD

03-25-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
i played support in SR and got pretty good. unfortunately a few bad loss streaks due to bad AD carries snowballed into terrible teams and eventually a <1000 rating.

in dominion, my highest was around 1600 or so and ive played with/against people from as high as 2.1k (gotta love matchmaking). whats great about dominion is that i can very easily direct and lead a team to victory. i had a fairly easy transition to playing tanks in dom and i basically carried myself from my old dom rank of 1000 (i sucked at dom when it first came out lol) to 1600 with leona and naut when he came out. the dom community is much more receptive to listening to eachother and following orders. i do dabble in AP bot lanes when needed and love to play turtle bot lane champs like karthus. no1 expects the turtle exhaust/garrison defensive karthus. i can always get easy ganks from people pushing me to the tower and overextending all game.

SR is simply too team-dependent. if i played a carry or something, i can udnerstand getting high elo but as a support wit hthe 0 cs meta, it became almost impossible to solo queue out of the hole im in. it really is as simply as that
Pretty much this, not sure who downvoted you. My favorite role is support, my favorite person in the whole world will always be a competent carry. I'm not so happy when I have to transition to AD nunu in a last ditch attempt to win because my carry can't last hit to save his life. I like leading the team, but it's hard with 3 lanes + jungle, and much easier from top lane in Dominion since if you play exceptionally well at top your team tends to follow you like obedient puppies anyway. Probably because they learn that where you go, kills happen, but I'll take what I can get.

Plus, sitting in a bush on SR doing nothing is boring as hell anyway. Every ~50 seconds you light up a section of the map, you call ganks, but otherwise I might as well be watching a replay. Supports in the other MOBAs are a LOT more fun to play than in LoL, because they actually have a significant impact in lane, and Dominion supports more closely resemble their counterparts in DotA than anything in SR, because you actually get to scale.

Prometheius

03-25-2012

Low elo in SR because I don't play ranked. That's about it. I play all of like 7 matches total, maybe at that, in Ranked season one just to get the bronze symbol.

Maybe I should start playing ranked more, but I'm still trying to get a champ that I'll be comfortable with 24/7 first.