champion voice actors

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadLock

01-21-2013

Bump for Zilean voice actor.

Sukishoo

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpaladinx View Post
Where did you get that info that League of Legends voice acting is non-union? If you ask me why the Riot staff didn't bother crediting the voice actors for the champions, it's most likely because their new champion release schedule is roughly a month to a month and a half and the Riot staff usually don't have time to reveal the entire cast of who voices which champion (there is like over 100 champions and about 17 more to come this year). In fact, I'm pretty sure there are union-only voice actors who voiced champions in this game (I believe Jamieson Price and Adam Harrington are full union members and aren't allowed to work in non-union environments). Heck, I even tweeted Crispin Freeman (who is also a union-only voice actor) that he should voice a champion in League of Legends and he said he loves to do so.

If anyone asks, voice acting in video games are recorded in a more individual basis instead of doing it in a large group like voice acting in American cartoons. Heck, I would say that the voice acting in League Of Legends is more individualized than any other video games considering the fact that Riot releases a new champion in a periodic basis. I'm guessing Riot would usually ask some random studio to find a voice actor to voice a champion and get it over with it, which gives me another theory that Riot rarely keeps track on who voices who.
Because I know the voices of Karma and Ahri, and they've said that. Most of the cast are lesser known VAs, since that's cheaper for them to do as well.

Dpaladinx

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukishoo View Post
Because I know the voices of Karma and Ahri, and they've said that. Most of the cast are lesser known VAs, since that's cheaper for them to do as well.
You mean Danielle McRae and Laura Post respectively?

I'll have to contact either Cristina Vee and Kyle Hebert to double confirm this. I thought video game voice acting is more individual based and the union contract thing is more of an individual basis when it comes to video games.

But I definitely tell you that Jamieson Price is a union member (there is a reason he uses the Taylor Henry pseudonym).

Also, League of Legends definitely needs Sandy Fox and Johnny Yong Bosch to voice champions.

IS1d2f73fc65c5cecdf878c

02-08-2013

Maybe this is a very minor detail, but I find it interesting.
Just tried out Warring Kingdoms Jarvan IV and he has a new line when casting Cataclysm, yelling "FOR THE KING!"
However the voice saying that line doesn't seem to be from Kyle Herbert, at least the way I hear it.

Jamochawoke

02-08-2013

I could've sworn Pearl was actually Nikasaur.

Shows how much I know.

FinalFlow

02-08-2013

wait wait wait... steven blum did kha'zix? I just checked that page and didn't find anything...soooo...yeah....

Bejango

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalFlow View Post
wait wait wait... steven blum did kha'zix? I just checked that page and didn't find anything...soooo...yeah....
two asterisks means it's not proven to be true or false Kha'zix has two. I should really find another method for that

Bejango

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darche View Post
Maybe this is a very minor detail, but I find it interesting.
Just tried out Warring Kingdoms Jarvan IV and he has a new line when casting Cataclysm, yelling "FOR THE KING!"
However the voice saying that line doesn't seem to be from Kyle Herbert, at least the way I hear it.
yes I'm quite fond of the line while I still hear Kyle in the voice it can't hurt to ask I'll check on it asap

qhoul

02-09-2013

http://www.youtube.com/nickitaylortv
vi voice

DenareDragon

02-13-2013

Bump for front page exposure.
Finding out the voice of your favorite champ is always fun.