New Map: Minion Rush

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackAeon

03-24-2012

Hi everyone! I usually make champ concepts but this time I want to try something a little different so Here we go!

Concept
This concept is basically a survival mode with NO pvp. It is meant to see how long you can last against an endless stream of minions marching on your base; these minions get progressively harder as the match goes along. You are given 10 minutes to set up any means of defences such as barricades, turrets, rapid fire turrets, spike pits and other means of defence. Two teams of ten will compete to see who can survive the longest. You start off with a 5000 token spending budget, minions that are slain add to this total. Each champion starts off with 2500 gold. Once you are ready you can click the "Unleash the Minions" button to start early.

Player limit: 10 per team.

Minion Archetypes

Note: Minion Spawning is random

Caster/Soldier Minions: your basic bread and butter canon fodder

Siege Minions: These things are nothing to laugh at. They WILL target your barricades and towers.

Glider Minions: Basic air unit. Can only be targeted by ranged champions and ground vs air turrets.

Slayer Minion: A beefed up soldier minion that carries a two handed sword, has increased damage and an armor debuff that applies every time it hits a champion, this stacks 3 times.

Archmage Minion: A beefed up caster minion that carries a staff and a spell book, has increased damage and applies a magic resist debuff that applies every time it hits a champion, stacks up to 3 times.

Super Minion: This minion has increased health and defences (armor and magic resist) is usually seen leading the charge to take the hits for the advancing minions.

Ninja Minion: these minions fade from sight of most towers, only seeker towers can fire at them.

Swift Minion: These minions carry two daggers. They have increased attack speed and move faster than other minions. These little buggers can hop over barricades

Aerial Ace Minion: Another aerial minion that strafes it's enemies from above with 3 auto attacks, tougher than the glider minion.

More Coming Soon

Tower and Trap Archetypes

Prices Coming Soon

Basic Tower: Your basic tower seen in the rift.

Rapid fire Tower: This tower fires two shots instead of one. When upgraded it can focus multiple enemies

Seeker Tower: This tower has unlimited range. It is the only tower than can see ninja minions.

Razor Pit: Opens up every 6 seconds causing minions that pass over it to fall into it.

Catapult Pad: Flings enemy minions that step on it. (5 second cooldown)

Guerrilla Patch: a patch of "grass" with five gunners hiding underneath, shoots five times before resetting. each shot kills 1 minion. After those five shots it goes on cooldown for 10 seconds

Burning Oil Launcher: A catapult that fires a glass ball full of oil and a combustible material. When shattered it creates a patch of fire that damages oncoming minions.

Missile Tower: A tower that fires magical missiles at airborne minions

Rapid Fire Missile Tower: Fires two magical missiles at airborne minions, when fully upgraded it can focus multiple targets.

Barricade: It's a barricade, nuff said.

More Coming Soon

Map Layout

I'm not that good at drawing but if any of you would like to pitch some concept art my way I would appreciate it greatly.

BlackAeon

03-24-2012

bump

Rocky TB

03-24-2012

I like the idea because i love towerdefence games x3. Perhaps mention minion spawn type is random, giving more of a learning curve and strategy on what to build. If it's stagnant, then it becomes too easy to predict and people will just follow a protocol on how to win.

BlackAeon

03-24-2012

bump

Kyzroh

03-24-2012

Good Idea, and I like the concept. I too, love tower defense games. Keep working on it. Will be looking forward to playing this gamemode/map.
If you get a chance, I would like if you were to leave feedback on my Champion Concept. It would be greatly appreciated.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1947297

slappy330

03-24-2012

good idea but is this like custom match as in u only get like 69 ip and 49 xp for a win and if so how will the lvls be will it be TT and SR but slightly modified????
Oh yea and how will the champ lvls do as in the xp givin for each minon or will there be a small farm in the lvl somewhere for extra xp and gold??
end of concern

ViceN53

03-24-2012

Tower defence? I'm in! Get Heimerdinger

BlackAeon

03-24-2012

bump

BlackAeon

03-24-2012

bump

BlackAeon

03-25-2012

bump