Map disadvantage for purples.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zmaster018

03-25-2012

Lol, this again. Riot should really remove the locked camera option from the game, it only makes the noobs even worse. I mean seriously, if you can't play with an unlocked camera then you should probably go to the doctor to get whatever mental deficiency you have checked out. I couldn't even imagine being so bad, with such a low apm, that I can't handle moving the screen around and centering it on my character every now and then. The locked camera option is the reason I have to play with unbelievably bad feeders. My dog probably has more map awareness than locked camera noobs.

Henryrocks

03-25-2012

ya i kinda agree. i find this a issue also

Dinzaiku

03-25-2012

Here is my question: How on earth do you play with the camera locked? I wouldn't be able to stand it. I've played with the camera unlocked since I first did the tutorial map.

Mike17032

03-25-2012

Even unlocked it does not make it even. There is still an advantage for being blue. You see more of what you need to most of the time and less of what you dont.

The angel of the camera is what makes the sides matter more than the UI taking up space.

Vashjir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Learn to play with an unlocked camera. You'll be so much more efficient in team fights, as your map visibility will be so much higher and more versatile.
And purple does not have a disadvantage, the whole map layout is mirrored. If it is such a problem for you, go play a different game. No one is forcing you to stay.

Micr0 Jacks0n

03-25-2012

How the hell do you guys play with the camera locked?

trento007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Just because you have the camera locked that does not mean you have no map awareness, stop raging.

I think a simple fix for this problem would be to make every game appear to be from the blue sides perspective, simply by adding an option to flip the camera from the top-right side to the bottom-left side. This would help those people who either can't or don't prefer to play unlocked.

really

Recruiter

03-25-2012

People actually play a competitive game with locked camera? Do you hit your legs with a hammer before you go for a walk also?

CEETGEEK

03-25-2012

Try staying more aligned horizontally with your opponent, preferably in the bushes when in bot, keep lower bushes warded when in mid, and ... well, use wards. Staying relatively horizontal with your laning opponent eliminates a lot of the issues. If you're always playing with them off of your screen, then you can't do anything. You also have to look at your minimap A LOT. Keep tabs on who you can see and who you can't. If you can't see them, assume MIA and gtfo.

Edit: I play with locked screen, and have little or no issue. I'm also trying to get used to the unlocked screen.

Rawrful

03-26-2012

It's weird the way balance works on the sides. Blue has the better camera angle at bottom, but purple's jungler has a better gank path with the ability to slide through the triangle bush. Purple's jungler also has a convenient attack and retreat path to Dragon.

Actually, a better way of putting it is that Blue has the better camera angle in general (Pushing up instead of down), and has a more aggressive position on Baron. Purple has a better position on Dragon and a better gank path at bottom. Blue has a better gank path at top, but purple has better early top ganks due to the proximity of red buff.

Blue also has an advantage from being able to do double golems at bottom, whereas purple can't. Conversely, purple's jungler is often safer due to being closer to the duo lane if they are starting at blue.

There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages.