Crucial Ward Spots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leohan

08-03-2010

I don't know if this has been asked before, and if there are other threads already, then I apologize for spamming. If you could point me to these threads, I'd be very grateful.

I was wondering if anyone had any screenshots of crucial ward spots that should always be up, besides the usual top/bottom brush of mid lane, brush next to river of top/bottom lane, and near dragon/baron (late game). I've noticed that in higher ELO games, people tend to always have one in the brush near buffs as well.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krackor

08-03-2010

I like to ward high-traffic areas, particularly in the opponent's jungle:

Brush near golem (positioned to see all 4 connecting paths)
Brush between banshee camp and inner mid tower

Any entrance/exit to the river on my side of the jungle (if my team is forced to be defensive) or on the opponent's side of the jungle (if my team is aggressively ganking) is nice to ward too. 2 wards per side at entrances to your jungle, along with pushed creep lanes gives you complete sight on the boundaries of your jungle.

When warding baron, it's nice to drop the ward under baron itself, making it virtually impossible to clear (with an oracle or vision ward) without killing baron first.

Drop wards just outside your base walls when defending a push or just inside the opponent's base walls (halfway between inhibitor towers of course) when on a push to gain sight for skillshots.