Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleekman

Senior Member

05-01-2012

Boompje, SAVE US.

New patch broke loading games (but not the new spectator mode, lol)

At 33% loading, I see this in my terminal.

fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x100c2, 0x14a528): stub
fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x14a528): semi-stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcad958 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0055, blocked by 0053, retrying (60 sec)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borr3guit0

Junior Member

05-02-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
Sleekman:
Boompje, SAVE US.

New patch broke loading games (but not the new spectator mode, lol)

At 33% loading, I see this in my terminal.

fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x100c2, 0x14a528): stub
fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x14a528): semi-stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcad958 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0055, blocked by 0053, retrying (60 sec)


Same on our Mac client.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kurama418

Junior Member

05-02-2012

yep after patch it is now broke on both my linux and mac.... even in windows it is acting strange sometimes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinrodUrFelagund

Junior Member

05-02-2012

Quote:
kurama418:
yep after patch it is now broke on both my linux and mac.... even in windows it is acting strange sometimes.


Just patched my LoL and it's still working... Not sure what I'm doing correctly that everyone else isn't.. Wine 1.4-rc6, Ubuntu 10.04 (and obviously using the official client not the ACE one)

The 33% hang is something that I've always had to deal with from time-to-time, I always had to brute-force my way past it... close the launcher, reopen, cross fingers, sometimes it will hang on 33% or 0% and the Play button will never be activated, sometimes it's actually downloading in the background, so using another application check it's not downloading and if it is wait. Otherwise close --> reopen, repeat.

I'm presuming it doesn't matter that it is actually EU West that I usually play on, same game an' all...

EDIT: I've noticed that the err line you post above is to do with "ntdll" - as I've said before I've got a wine client that I've built myself to include the ntdll patch, wonder if this would fix the problem for other people. That said I can't imagine I'm the only one with the patch as the game is a tad unplayable without it....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
FinrodUrFelagund:
Just patched my LoL and it's still working... Not sure what I'm doing correctly that everyone else isn't.. Wine 1.4-rc6, Ubuntu 10.04 (and obviously using the official client not the ACE one)

The 33% hang is something that I've always had to deal with from time-to-time, I always had to brute-force my way past it... close the launcher, reopen, cross fingers, sometimes it will hang on 33% or 0% and the Play button will never be activated, sometimes it's actually downloading in the background, so using another application check it's not downloading and if it is wait. Otherwise close --> reopen, repeat.

I'm presuming it doesn't matter that it is actually EU West that I usually play on, same game an' all...

EDIT: I've noticed that the err line you post above is to do with "ntdll" - as I've said before I've got a wine client that I've built myself to include the ntdll patch, wonder if this would fix the problem for other people. That said I can't imagine I'm the only one with the patch as the game is a tad unplayable without it....


The ntdll patch is already automatically included in iLoL for mac. What packages do you have in your engine?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinrodUrFelagund

Junior Member

05-02-2012

Quote:
Boompje:
The ntdll patch is already automatically included in iLoL for mac. What packages do you have in your engine?


Hmm well I can't fully remember sorry, as I have tried different packages at different times... the standard ones at the top end of this guide, vcrun2005 (and/or 08?), ie6, wininit, corefonts (+maybe extras), d3dx9, adobeair, gecko, dotnet20, dotnet35 failed to install... I think that's it. The most recent package I've installed is dotnet, which I was hoping would fit a few bugs (it didn't so far as I could tell...) I'd been holding back cos I was trying to keep the minimum number of packages on this Wineprefix, dotnet is quite *bulky* shall we say...

Is there a way to get Winetricks to report what it's been used to install?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HyperbolDiffuser

Recruiter

05-02-2012

Same issues here (spectator mode works, game crashes on loading screen).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
FinrodUrFelagund:
Hmm well I can't fully remember sorry, as I have tried different packages at different times... the standard ones at the top end of this guide, vcrun2005 (and/or 08?), ie6, wininit, corefonts (+maybe extras), d3dx9, adobeair, gecko, dotnet20, dotnet35 failed to install... I think that's it. The most recent package I've installed is dotnet, which I was hoping would fit a few bugs (it didn't so far as I could tell...) I'd been holding back cos I was trying to keep the minimum number of packages on this Wineprefix, dotnet is quite *bulky* shall we say...

Is there a way to get Winetricks to report what it's been used to install?


Not that I know, but there probably is. You shouldn't be needing any dotnet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinrodUrFelagund

Junior Member

05-02-2012

Quote:
FinrodUrFelagund:
Hmm well I can't fully remember sorry, as I have tried different packages at different times... the standard ones at the top end of this guide, vcrun2005 (and/or 08?), ie6, wininit, corefonts (+maybe extras), d3dx9, adobeair, gecko, dotnet20, dotnet35 failed to install... I think that's it. The most recent package I've installed is dotnet, which I was hoping would fit a few bugs (it didn't so far as I could tell...) I'd been holding back cos I was trying to keep the minimum number of packages on this Wineprefix, dotnet is quite *bulky* shall we say...

Is there a way to get Winetricks to report what it's been used to install?


*Ahem* Yeah so reading that correctly and coincidently trying to play a game for the first time since the patch, it crashes, *ignore me* - I'd seen the 33% hang sentence and presumed this was talk about the patcher. Same problem. Boooo ;-(

EDIT: Yeah I think adding dotnet was a mistake, horrible suite of applications...