Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

05-02-2014

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 and PlayOnLinux 4.2.2. I managed to get League of Legends almost running perfectly, there are only two problems. The first is that the shop to buy things with IP/RP is just a black screen. Here is a screenshot:

http://s28.postimg.org/mbp2rpqjx/lol_user_shop.png

The second problem is that in the game, during the match, some menus are messed up, as if they were in a different resolution from the game's current resolution. For example, the item shop opens a normal window, but this window's contents are all over the screen. Here is a screenshoot:

http://s28.postimg.org/waemrxpd9/lol_item_shop.png

All the rest is working fine, I even get high FPS. I installed LoL via PlayOnLinux and then I applied TuxLoL patch. I have an Optimus Notebook, Dell Inspiron 14R 5421, it has an Intel integrated video card and Nvidia GeForce 730M dedicated card, which are properly handled by Bumblebee.

How do I fix these two problems? Could somebody help me, please?

Judas Priest

05-05-2014

I've done a comprehensive guide on "How to play League of Legends on Ubuntu 14.04". It covers everything: optimus notebooks, maestro disconnection error, user store error, in game shop big items etc... now League of Legends is 100% working here! If it helps you too, please, up vote my guide (:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/459888/league-of-legends-on-14-04-shop-and-in-game-item-shop-not-working/461256#461256

Hungaren

06-11-2014

how create folder /home/[USER]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/

Rowawn

09-10-2014

Is it possible you could provide me the requirements? I had an idea for a project, which would need to run Linux, but it's on a low power computer, so I wanted to see if you knew what Linux machine requirements are and if they're too much do you have any idea how to mod it somehow to lower the power consumption. Thanks in advance!

Brainsick Hater

09-24-2014

I get a bunch of cryptic text and then the process hangs without opening the launcher or bringing up the path of the folder I'm in to accept new commands. If I press enter then I can start putting in commands again. Any idea what's going on? I can paste some of what I assume to be error messages but there's a lot of text so I avoided doing so here.

Kyu Ryu

10-03-2014

For the purpose on spreading useful information on playing league of legends on Linux. Can everyone that does so please have their clients set to auto join the chat call "Linux". No parenthesis of course. There are other reasons why this would be useful as well but I am not going into a long post now.