Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikasi

Recruiter

01-31-2014

I'm gonna bump this as I saw a question from someone asking for help for this exact thing.

mrburitto

02-01-2014

I have just got league working on Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop. It took a little bit of messsing around but I can play, shop, all of the above. I basically followed the guide at the beginning of this post and then played around with the resolution/HUD features to get it working right. It DOES NOT like to run with multiple monitors configured and the one major thing that seems to be different from all of the guides I found is that I DID NOT install the .net framework with Wine. It prompts you for it, but I declined and everything is working. I have now played several games at 60+ FPS.

This is my environment:
Computer: Lenovo Y510P Laptop
Graphics: Dual Nvidia 750M
CPU: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Running On: PlayOnLinux 4.2.2

The shop will occasionally display enlarged but it is still usable. You just have to move your mouse around a bit to find the right place to click. Other times it displays normally.

Now that I can efficiently play LoL I can finally move to linux as my main OS. That being said, as updates are realeased for LoL there will need to be patches to this unofficial Linux version. I would like to start a real Dev community for LoL on Linux. I own an IT company and have the resources to support it. Anyone who is interested in helping test and write patches for League on Linux please contact me. Maybe once we show Riot that the community alone can do it, they will release an official client

f3zz1k

02-13-2014

mrburitto: same laptop, install is good, but won't let me log in. I'm using an Arch based distro though (Antergos). Can't wait to figure out why the networking isn't working, other than that I have to manualy install a few more things like the right audo drivers and I'll finally be windows-free!

Also, it would be nice to have a community of developers supporting LoL on linux.

Zerokk

02-18-2014

Hey, so I tried this out, and..

.. when I tried to start a game, (custom game) all that showed up was ignite, my ping, my name, and the load progress (always 0%)

Also, the sound was always very static-ish.

wackitobacki24

03-07-2014

How do I go about getting the Store to work? The out of game store where you buy skins, champs, etc.?

When I click on the chest icon for the store it changes over to a blank black page and tells me the program failed and I have to close the LOL program. Idk if I provided enough info, but I'm hoping someone has had a similar problem.

Xrispies

03-12-2014

First of all, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this effort! I've been dual booting Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for a few months now and would love to avoid rebooting to play LoL. I followed the guide at the start of this page and the launcher runs fine. However, I receive the following error file from Wine whenever I click "log on" after entering my password:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0xffffffff in 32-bit code (0x7d7cae3d).

This is followed by a register dump, stack dump, backtrace, modules, threads, and system information:
System information:
Wine build: wine-1.4.1
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.8.0-37-generic

Has anyone encountered this issue? My first thought is to change the access levels to all of the files in .../Riot\ Games/, but I don't want to inadvertently cause other problems.
EDIT: I used chmod to change directory and file permissions to no avail.

Thanks for any ideas!!

oogopp

03-30-2014

Theres a petition for lol on linux

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/petition-port-league-of-legends-to-linux-operating-systems

doubt riot will do anything about it though

if you dont trust the link search it up in google :P

Death22x

04-07-2014

Every time I try to install LoL, it just freezes after I click the Install button.
It's probably a problem with wine itself instead of the process.
Any help?

PorkChop165

04-26-2014

Hello, i was following your list of things to do, and i finshed the step "code: sudo apt-get install winetricks
(installs winetricks)" and then when i type in "winetricks vcrun2005" it then says "wineserver not found!" what do i do???

patricklebà

04-27-2014

when i press install on the LOL installer it freezes and i see in it the window i was in before in the installer box?