Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lerys

10-03-2013

Hi everyone, recently I've switched to OpenSuse, after setting up the system, I've installed LOL under wine, all worked great until the game started, can you linux guru guys point me into the right direction to fix the messed up textures from the game. http://imgur.com/KUnnqTL (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FKUnnqTL) Here's a link with the game textures.

Thank you in advance.

SirSid

Recruiter

10-06-2013

I just got it working in debian testing (sans riot store) using playonlinux. I expected that to be much harder than it was. Im pleasantly surprised

Jayce Frost

10-29-2013

Ok here is what i did to install League onto my computer...I sorry if it repeats alot of it. I couldn't really understand some of the stuff that you put up.

1.) Go into Ubuntu software center and look up wine.
2.) Install a program called winetricks and all the add-ons.
3.) Once installed look up a program called PlayOnLinux and install it.
4.) Open up PlayOnLinux then and Hit the Install a program on the right side of it.
5.) Once that is open go up on the upper menu and hit games
6.) Deselect commercial and select testing.
7.) Scroll down and select League of legends
-When you are on the last installation page deselect the box to auto run after finish

Once it is installed and everything is finished bring back up the PlayOnLinux program and run it.

There ya go ^_^

Here are the things that I have noticed:

-When in game the item menu has everything "floating"

Item Menu Glitch:

Go to the following files:

1.) /filesystem/home/<username>/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/solutions/lol_game_client_sln/releases/x.x.x.xxx/deploy/DATA/menu/hud/

2.) Once you get into the hud folder go into the file that is you resolution.

3.) Once in add the following to the file and save.
[TipTracker]
XPos=-20000
YPos=-20000

That should fix that issue.

raepingyou

11-03-2013

Every time I try to run the installer for League Wine stops responding. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

LOLVOVOLVO

Recruiter

11-16-2013

Quote:
raepingyou:
Every time I try to run the installer for League Wine stops responding. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

nope as of right now i dont beleive there is anyway to get it to work either way tehres some kind of error either with win for installing or playonlinux or even when you install the game if you get that far, it be easier if a game company saw that linux usurs and mac users are almost the same, they could increase there profit,

ExpertVillage

11-23-2013

Quote:
IMm0rtalWrAth:
Ok here is what i did to install League onto my computer...I sorry if it repeats alot of it. I couldn't really understand some of the stuff that you put up.

1.) Go into Ubuntu software center and look up wine.
2.) Install a program called winetricks and all the add-ons.
3.) Once installed look up a program called PlayOnLinux and install it.
4.) Open up PlayOnLinux then and Hit the Install a program on the right side of it.
5.) Once that is open go up on the upper menu and hit games
6.) Deselect commercial and select testing.
7.) Scroll down and select League of legends
-When you are on the last installation page deselect the box to auto run after finish

Once it is installed and everything is finished bring back up the PlayOnLinux program and run it.

There ya go ^_^

Here are the things that I have noticed:

-When in game the item menu has everything "floating"

Item Menu Glitch:

Go to the following files:

1.) /filesystem/home/<username>/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/solutions/lol_game_client_sln/releases/x.x.x.xxx/deploy/DATA/menu/hud/

2.) Once you get into the hud folder go into the file that is you resolution.

3.) Once in add the following to the file and save.
[TipTracker]
XPos=-20000
YPos=-20000

That should fix that issue.

This worked wonderfully, thanks ^_^. The tip to get rid of the floating menu items didn't work for me though. I'm not sure how I got to it exactly, but the last thing I did was change my graphics setting back to default settings (after the client kept resetting my resolution to 1024x768).

Greastbunny

Recruiter

12-05-2013

ok when my friends GF loads up her game it all works and there are no bugs what so ever(even the store works) but when in game it is really dark can anyone help me and my friends GF so that she can see?
i will appreciate it thank you

Kemnitiri

Recruiter

01-05-2014

Ubuntu 13.10
winetricks installed
installed LOL via PlayOnLinux
game runs fine, no shop(crashes game)
Using 1.7(lol version) wine

Here's my problem: Once we have chosen champions and the game loads... it takes like 4 mins. I am always the last one onto the map. IF I disconnect from the game or get dropped due to lag(not on my end), same thing happens when I try to log in again... it ... takes... for... ever.

Hoping someone might have a suggestion please

eliteninja12

01-23-2014

I can start the game, accept a match invite, and choose a champion. But when it goes to the load screen before the match, it freezes on a black screen and doesn't respond to anything. What can I do to fix this?

Nizen

01-30-2014

Have you tried a sudo apt-get update?

You may have to update the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list

You can run winedbg with the application instead of wine, and once it hangs, cntrl+c and read the debugging logs.