League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joneseh92

11-10-2012

I have seen a few people have this problem now...

SO I have the client working with it updating and stuff...

But Once I try to login in, it says "Server is currently busy. Please try again later"

any ideas that I could play around with?

Morronaxo

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lokoFTW View Post
~$ cd /home/[shannon]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system
bash: cd: /home/[shannon]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program: No such file or directory

Any help please?

As far as i see, you forgot the quotes before '/home' and after 'system'... (Remember to use " this, the double ones, and not the simple ones ' )

Morronaxo

11-13-2012

Hi guys, first of all sorry about my poor english..

I have followed your guide step by step and it works almost perfect, and there is only 1 thing to fix:
-Sometimes, when i launch lol, it stucks with a little rectangle in the middle of the screen (like the LoL logo in windows), and thats all, this rectangle stays there until i restart my pc.

A curious thing is that after this stuck, y open the System Monitor, and manually finish all the processes with a PID higher that the console (i use the console's PID like a reference), and the rectangle still over all..

I'll appreciate any suggestion...
Im using Ubuntu 12.10 32bits, Intel Quad-Core 2.33Ghz, 4Gb RAM, GeForce 9800GTX+

kupokun

11-14-2012

i did everything and got the client running, but i get this error:

Quote:
The program LolClient.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check out the Application Database for tips about running this application.
The code under 'show details' is copy pasted in this link also (my forum post): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post12355433

How do I fix this?

zrukbrandon

11-15-2012

Any Help? I do not understand what is going wrong..

zrukbrandon

11-16-2012

can you tell me whats wrong?

Colbrushie

11-19-2012

Note: You can buy champions by going to the champions page on your profile and clicking the one that you want to buy

EDIT: Actually, the store just seems to work for me :/

Running Ubuntu 12.10 and client version 1.71.12_11_13_11_00

Dromiceioemimus

12-02-2012

Hi there,

I've just packaged up a portable version of LoL for Linux, with a patched Wine embedded, that you can download and play without going through all this hassle. You just download the package, make it executable, run it, and you're playing (after downloading all the RADs etc. If you have an older LoL install and don't want to download everything again, the WINEPREFIX I'm using is ~/.lol, so you can move your old RADS to ~/.lol/drive_c/Program\ Files/League\ of\ Legends/RADS/ to avoid the download.

It should work on any distro, but so far I've only tested it on ArchLinux, so please let me know if it doesn't work for you, I'm pretty new to LoL but I think together we can create a badass portable package.

You can download the package here, and there are some other games, and some information about how this works in here.

Xatulu

12-04-2012

So, now i got a perfect working copy of LoL on my Linux. Installed it via PoL and running it with a custom compiled version of Wine using those 5 patches. Played the whole evening yesterday, no crashes, no graphical glitches or anything. Everything working flawlessly, even the store worked.

At first i was only getting a black screen at the store, but after some waiting, the normal store showed up and i was able to buy champs/skins. Buying Runes and RP unfortunatly didn't work.

Hopefully the new version coming tonight will still work..

Zeriphor

12-04-2012

Had it working just fine, but the new patch broke it. Getting bugsplats for lots of things in game now. The client still works fine though.