Does Ryze counter Veigar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PursuitOfHappy

03-23-2012

?

Jarizard IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Not if the Veigar plays with any form of decency he doesn't. Ryze would still get owned because he's squishy.

Mid-late depends on how much MR Ryze rushed. Early, though, that Ryze is ****ed.

Dralun

03-23-2012

Not really. Just because Veigar's ult doesn't scale off Ryze's damage, means that Ryze counters him. Ryze still has to get close to Veigar to use his abilities, which leads him to be stunned and then bursted down.

And it's not like Veigar's R doesn't have amazing base damage and great scaling on top of it adding damage with the opponents AP...

CommissarTaco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglezxD View Post
Not if the Veigar plays with any form of decency he doesn't. Ryze would still get owned because he's squishy.

Mid-late depends on how much MR Ryze rushed. Early, though, that Ryze is ****ed.
Ryze is squishy? Pass me what you're smoking, please.

OP - Ryze beats the **** out of Veigar because Veigar is essentially anti-AP and Ryze doesn't have to build AP to do damage.

ThaFaub

03-23-2012

i mean most of ryze dont have AP its just his spells that scale of mana so veigar's ult does not benefit from that

BUT in the mean time ryze is a close range mage, and i think Long range mage counter veigar, while close range like ryze, annie fiddle might have more problem against him

^ guy over me shen'd me hard but i still think ryze would be punished trying to poke veigar

edit a second time: w/e if ryze rush a benshe veil against veigar then he wins imo

Bland

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglezxD View Post

I wouldn't exactly call ryze "squishy"... and at the same time Veigar isn't exactly beefy :P

From my experience Ryze and Veigar are pretty equal when it comes to trading blows. Veigar has slightly better odds at the beginning because of his stun. Later on it depends. If Ryze can survive Veigars burst, Ryze should be able to win the fight, since he has a more sustained damage output. Edit: And what has been mentioned before, and what you probably had in mind yourself: Lategame a lot of Veigar's burst is "negated" by the fact that Ryze doesn't have to build AP.

Also, considering the many different runes/masteries/builds that are possible on Ryze, I dare say it entirely depends on the ryze's playstyle.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

03-23-2012

In lane, it's sort of strange, in the sense that Ryze, in theory, SHOULD counter Veigar because he doesn't build mana, but in practise, I've seen Ryze lose to Veigar a lot more than win, and it's mainly because Veigar can stun Ryze and unleash his full combo before Ryze can get within range for any of his spells.

But usually if Ryze rushes a Banshee's then yeah, Veigar's ****ed.

Templar2k7

03-23-2012

Ryze rushes BV GG veiger

Witster

03-23-2012

I was in a game the other day and my team was basically harassing me to take Ryze vs. Veigar mid. All of them seemed to think that Ryze counters him. But I dunno, I didn't take Ryze so I wouldn't know. But I'm interested as well.

FOODFOOD

03-23-2012

Early game, Veigar wins until Ryze gets his magic resist. After that, Ryze is the uncontested victor.