Request: Allow disabling camera scroll with mouse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoctobunny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

I move my camera with WASD. Sometimes when moving my cursor quickly it still hits the edge of the screen and scrolls my camera, I would like it not to do this. I have not found any way of accomplishing this other than using some third party mouse locking software which seems a pain to use.

Yes, I am aware I can hit spacebar to re-center the camera, or we could just unbind camera scroll from the mouse and not have it happen in the first place. Yes, I am aware camera lock exists, this is not what I want.

AquariusGhost

03-28-2012

Cool I do the same thing and ive re-programed my skills as 1234 and i get the same issue u have sometimes when my cursor lags and then jumps to the edge of the screen for some reason that im un aware of but i usually die when this happens so id really like this to be able to be disabled as well so BUMP,

Blood Fire 000

03-28-2012

All for this as well.

Zephrini

04-19-2012

This needs to happen. Can we get a red post?

AX Crusnik

11-11-2012

Bumping this... I use arrow keys with a high camera speed with spells and items set to my Razer Naga, and this cursor camera "push" has been the cause of FAR TOO MANY ranged attack misses.

It's ridiculously frustrating to miss out not only a hit but a kill with an ult because the devs force you to use control scheme you don't even want.

mcktrtl

11-14-2012

This indeed would be nice to add in. In the interim, this is an autohotkey script (google for how to run) that will prevent your mouse from reaching the edge of the screen (13 pixels on top and left, 12 pixels on bottom and right, which on my 1920x1080 monitor was the border for initiating a scroll -- this might be a couple pixels too large for smaller resolution monitors but it will still work). It turns on and off with the scroll lock key.
http://pastebin.com/rF8LXSS7

AX Crusnik

11-27-2012

Wow thanks a lot jefelante. That'll really help me out. Hopefully Riot can implement an official "fix" to this though.

Felax

11-27-2012

hey guys/gals not to burst your bubble or any thing but . . . just change the macro for the key . . . .

Scytus

04-22-2014

bump