[Discussion] Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feragore

11-01-2010

Well, I did say I was playing around with it. Didn't want to go too far away from Reckoning as it is a pretty solid nuke at rank 4+. That said, I find I almost never cast it until champ level 5 so you're probabably right. I might just be overlooking the impact of the extra 24 damage per swing from level 1 to 5 Fury not to mention the CDR.

Captain Dildac

11-01-2010

Ok you all are gonna laugh/downvote this but this is extremely fun to do on kayle imo

3x Tiamat(lol I KNOW I KNOW)
1x Hextech gunblade(great stats for kayle and its nice to have that extra slow/nuke)
1x Nashor's Tooth(cd blah blah you all know why this is decent on kayle)
1x Boots(Zerker/merc/ninja, depending on the enemy team, most likly merc or ninja boots tho)

Its pretty hilarious when you proc your Rightoues Fury and one hit a creep wave. The only way ive found this to be viable in a serious game is if your team is compossed of alot of aoe lockdown(Amumu/Veigar) to make use of your insane splash. Other than that this is a build i normally only do when im ****ing around in a practice game or playing vs bads with my low lv friends. Btw realisticly I very rarely get my 3rd tiamat and this requires good farming and last hitting skills, also if i get a side solo and play my cards right and get a kill or two then I can normally get my core items(Tiamat/Hextech gunblade/Nashoors) at mid game. DOWN VOTES INCOMING!

Teemonator

11-01-2010

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...sed-11-1-25494

I like to get Avarice Blade & Philosopher's Stone fairly early then turn them into a much more effective dps/support build. The link above is my build!

ShoreOne

11-01-2010

leveling up Kayles E late-game is more beneficial than leveling it up earlier. Same goes for her Q, leveling it up faster and early makes it a nuke and makes her early game E hit hard.
so Q is the way to go.
also, i gave u ashoutout on pg.8 GH ^^

AND ALSO:
a good kayle doesnt have mana problems. 1 or even 2 early game dorans rings and having mana golem almost all the time makes kayle a powerhouse of healing + damage being done. even an early game chalice can be beneficial (though an item i dont get often at all, im much more use to stacking 2 dorans rings really early game and selling them a bit later. i find having mana golem as often as i do makes a chalice redundant).

Roros

11-01-2010

I tend to grab chalice a lot in solo queue, since people expect heals from level 2 and sometimes level 1. I've found that it's often beneficial to deliberately not heal people unless they absolutely need it, since people tend to get sloppy and careless when they have a healer topping them off after every mistake.

Kikosemmek

11-01-2010

I started experimenting with a new item build. My runes are damage per level reds, mana regen per level yellows, CDR blues, and either health quints or damage quints. For masteries, I go 9-0-21, going for the magic pen. mastery in the offense tree while taking the mana regen and experience bonus ones in utility. I typically use cleanse and ghost on Kayle, since it allows me to get in and out of situations relatively safely and concentrate on supporting my team for as long as possible.

Items:
1. Manamune
2. Sorcerer's Shoes
3. Archangel's Staff (for some reason, many games simply end here when I play Kayle)
4. Guinsoo's Rageblade
5. Hextech Gunblade
6. Wards/Potions

So, as stated above, most of my Kayle games don't last long after I get Archangel's, so options 4 and 5 are really what I've been getting based off of my intuition. Obviously, if their team is leaning heavily one way, you might want to switch it up with some situational remedies. I often decide against getting a full set in order to be able to ward the river and jungle. So, let's get to why we're building what we're building.

It's all about your passive:

Manamune gives you three things- lots of mana, lots of mana regen, and lots of damage that will scale as the game goes on and you increase your mana. I usually complete boots before Manamune, and the timing is really up to you on that. Archangel's is the logical choice as the second major item. You've already been expanding your mana pool with Manamune, getting some significant AD and therefore some AP. Now, you're going to do that with your AP, adding some AD on top of that. Manamune and Archangel's Staff will massively increase your AD and AP, respectively, off of your mana pool, and through your passive, will compliment each other.

Guinsoo's is a great item on Kayle. The more you attack, the faster you do, and the more AP (and thus a bit of AD) you will have. This is great with your E, as you'll be able to keep attacking from afar, safely, for long periods of time, all while healing your team and slowing the enemy.

The Gunblade is another obvious choice. Since it gives you both AP and AD, it again goes with your passive synergy, and the lifesteal/spell vamp will always be welcome to keep you alive. The active is like a second Q. Gunblade rocks for Kayle.

If you manage the 5 items on this set, expect to heal 400+ HP per W cast, and to be able to deal major damage from afar with your E. This build has so far been very successful for me, but I really do it because it's just fun. It enables me to spam abilities and abuse my passive, and who doesn't love that?

So, this is effective, but I won't make the claim that it's viable for high ELO play.

WTFyrz

11-01-2010

I don't even know why some of you don't use GUINSOO'S RAGEBLADE or NASHOR'S TOOTH. Those 2 items are like Kayle's best friends. THAT IS THE BEST AND STANDARD BUILD. Once you get rageblade, you have over 100 ap and ad after the passive. So once you get it, you pown really easily cuz everyone else isn't as strong. nashors is also really important because of CDR, more reckoning, AP, more ad too, AS, more swinging, and ManaRegen,more reckoning. The whole point of kayle, is to reckoning your way to victory. ITS A FREAKIN "I WIN" button. You easily gather up ap and reckoning has a 0.8:1 ap ratio. FREAKIN ABUSE THE FREAKIN SKILL. ITS GOOD FOR EVERYTHING. Use it to start a 1 on 1. Use it to chase. Use it to harass. Use it to kill the runaway flasher. USE IT A LOT. ALWAYS LEVEL IT UP FIRST BECAUSE OF THE INCREASED BONUS DAMAGE. When you fight 1 on 1 in early levels, use reckoning first to deal 4-28% bonus damage. Add righteous fury, and you easily kill someone. ALL OF HER FREAKIN SKILLS work in almost any situations. JUST RECKONING TO WIN. Its like a freakin nuke. My build just goes like this.
1. Doran's Ring + Hp pot
2. Boots of Speed
3. Guinsoo's Rageblade
4. Boots 2 (treads, tabi, swiftness, beserker)
5. Nashor's Tooth
From 6 on, roll all 3 elixirs. THEY ALL HELP. While you roll them, start building anything you want.

SO ALL IN ALL, ABUSE RECKONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NickPham

11-01-2010

Got carried by the most dominant Kayle I've ever seen. Had 995 wins... Forgot to take the name down, so I don't know the dude's runes, but:

Dorans Blade
Merc Treads
Malady
Nashtors.

I Cry A Lot

11-02-2010

was thinking of a build consisting of:
manamune x 2
archangels staff
berserkers greaves
malady
nash. tooth

not in that order. 310 ad 247 ap 1.741 as

very sick if you can get full build

doomsphree01

11-03-2010

stinger
sorcer shoes
soul shroud
zhonya
lichbane
something tanky