Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desphiros

10-31-2010

Quote:
Evernight:
I have tried to build her as a damage monster but Fury never gets so good it can rip through creep waves like Anvia or Sivir. You also can't tank then either as well which I feel is her strength

But it is true that she is a flexible hybrid character... able to be built in many ways.

Fury + Tiamat = 40 creeps down in 2 hits = Backdoor queen = gold = Warmogs = turret dive = Backdoor queen.

gunther2291

10-31-2010

keeping her passive in mind, guinsoos, hextech gunblade, and trinity force are some of the best items you can get on her. nashors tooth is a great option, and starks fervor can also come in pretty handy. guinsoos should come first because its so cheap in comparison to the others and spikes her early-mid game damage output

Call Me Jebus

10-31-2010

i always.. ALWAYS go boots-guinsoo-nashor-Start a defense item-start malady-finish both-if game is still going something is wrong..Get madreds at that point because everyone is tanky.

I will delay offensive items for defense if the occasion arises, but typically I dont need to until after my nashor.

Zi0nized

10-31-2010

Quote:
Evernight:
I play the balls out of Kayle right now and I build as a supportive tank. I have a very specific early-mid game build that I have tested and tweaked over about 20+ games as Kayle since the recent buff patch.

Skills - Max Q and W first grabbing a single level of E (ranged) at around 4-8 for that extra ranged power. Ult at 6, 11, 16.

Here is my very tested, very thought over, theory-crafted item build in order.
1: Mana Manipulator - because you can heal yourself and this gives great synergy with a mate
2: Meki Pendant - again, you can heal yourself so this really ups your harassment
3: Boots - obvious
4: Farie Charm - more mana regen - because spamming Q takes a ton of mana.
5: Amp. Tome - to make....
6: Fiendish Codex - -CD, Mana regen and the early boost to AP makes reckoning a monster (creep kills, harass, killer - 300+ dmg nuke on a 6 sec CD)
7: Ruby
8: Cloth Armor
9: Heart of Gold - You are not a farmer so having a nice HP item that gives 5gp10 is awesome. I very rarely end up selling it with my item build
10: Boots of choice - Tabi for DPSers, Mercury for magic and snare - Berserkers works too. No need for more speed - your Blessing will give you 420+ speed with lvl 2 boots.
10: Giant belt - to make...
11: Soul Shroud - Great aura for you and team - -CD is amazing on Kayle (27 sec Intervention CD!) and its a great tank item (3000ish HP at this point)
12: Finish Stinger - that is why you bought F. Charm and also to make....
13: Nashtor's tooth - now you COULD make this before Soul Shroud, but I like to be more tanky and Nashtor doesn't give a ton of stats for combining (you could keep Stinger and Codex separate if you want for most of the game)

Also - you are now at max CD! 4.68 sec Reckoning (4 sec duration), 15 sec Fury (10 sec duration) and 27 sec CD on intervention at 16.... oh yeah... hardcore support

Now things get more situational
Personal favorite - Aegis of the Legion - because you are supportive in nature this works really well - it also makes your heal better than simply HP stacking. The dmg is just a treat.
Rylai's scepter - More HP than AoL and wayyyy more dmg than anything else but the slow is kinda "meh" as you only get to use it with Reckoning. The AP is a monster on your heal, nuke and on your Fury dmg. It is also more expensive than Aegis.
Warmog's - Welcome to 4000+ Hp - you are pretty much unkillable with any of these items, but this one makes you a juggernaut - problem is that it does nothing else and doesnt support. But boy can you soak dmg.

Other items to consider - Sheen (because you spam spells), Malady or Wit's End (to improve your Fury attack speed and dmg. Phage make you ever tankier and is rather useful. Atma's is also good but expensive - better with Rylai and Warmog - very hard to get all that done.

Most games end before I can get the final item unless we did Baron Nashtor or kept up on killing Dragon. As I said - you are not a farmer so money will be a bit of a problem.

Holy ****ing dumb

Zi0nized

10-31-2010

Evernight you are bad beyond belief, stop giving advice PLEASE.

Nashors + Rageblade can kill waves of creeps in 3 hits if you target properly.

Feragore

10-31-2010

Quote:
Zi0nized:
Evernight you are bad beyond belief, stop giving advice PLEASE.

Nashors + Rageblade can kill waves of creeps in 3 hits if you target properly.

I hope you realise you're quoting posts from a year ago. Kayle was very much different back then.

Sacchin

10-31-2010

Hmm... I build Kayle not really as the main DPS of the team, but able to take down tanks fairly quickly after the main targets of focus are down.

I take flash and ignite with 9/0/21

1. Meki Pendant + health pot + mana pot
2. Boots of Speed
3. Manamune
4. Berserker's Greaves
(I take these because I can just use Intervention to get out of sticky situations, in combination with flash)
5. Madred's Bloodrazor
6. Malady
7. Black Cleaver
8. Banshee's Veil
(Or whatever tanky item for survivability, because at the point when you get this item, you'll die from one hard cc and the other teams' nukes, also synergizes with manamune because of mana. Just get this whenever you need it.)

This build is nice because of the 16% bonus damage from Reckoning, which will make Bloodrazor do even more damage, as well as your everything else.

ShoreOne

11-01-2010

Youve got it all wrong, the core of it is:
Dorans rang
Ghostblade
Boots of Swiffness
Rageblade
Nashors Toof
(red + Green Elixerts) (All 3 Elixers during late game team fights.)

Then a range of situational late-game items like:
1:crystal scepter
2:Inf Edge to blow up squishies or Zhonias if receiving heavy focus in team fight
3.Black Cleaver for armor stacking enemies and maybe a Trinity Force (possible buff incoming?)
4.Void Staff (for magicresist stacking galios and mords)
5.Banshees Veil (for heavy caster team) or if swamped for cash the next best thing a Quicksilver sash for those pesky amumu and galio ults.
6.Starks or Aegis of legion if noone on your team has one yet
7. Although i would't recommend it often, you can get a Madreds BloodRazor
8. GAURDIAN ANGEL IS A NONO NOW

!!!!! This build works by starting a chain of burst damage when you activate 1 for Y's Ghostblade whilst at the same time you build G's RageBlade stacks. to be really nasty, hit your focused target with your _Q_ and then slap the **** out of them with RF which thanks your Qs Debuff, will be dishing out bonus damage.

Summoner Spells:
Ghost+exhaust
Flash+exhaust
Clarity+exhaust
for added disables and utility during team fights

Use your R on carries or yourself if you find yourself carry-ing. (grabbing that extra slay thanks to 3 sec ult is very wit it)
W will heal yourself and give you a fancy MoveSpeed buff for a cool second which when paired with your Qs slow, makes kayle a decent chaser. (dont ever catch yourself being baited. just dont fall for that ****)
E will be up most assuredly any time needed because of Ghostblades CDR and Nashors Toof CDR as well.

Runes can be a cool:
1. Crit chance reds and blues with mana regen yellows - get a dorans ring and rush ghostblade + boots
2. Full AP per level Runes. quints Ap per level or 3 Movespeed quints if you have them - AP runes do work with kayles Hybrid Passive.
3.magic pen reds and attack speed yellows, blues, and Quints. - if your playing more of a support kayle who focuses more on support than carrying, then this rune setup will give her a good push throughout the game.
4. Looking into the recently buffed attack damage runes. they might hold a secret yet...

Masteries:
21-9-0 ... if playing her as i do, my carry-burst damage build
9-0-21 ... if playing support role, making sure to take improved exhaust and improved clarity + cooldown masteries.

Skill Priority:
Intervention>Reckoning always and Divine Blessing + Righteous fury leveling depends on how heavily you are harassed during laning phase. at the same time, you could find yourself in a position to harass yourself during laning phase, in that case you favor leveling righteous fury for a slick Reckoning + Righteous fury bust. (you want to prioritize kayles Q spell because of Increased Slow amount, Harder hittting nuke, and because its bonus damage debuff grows higher per skill level.

so R>Q>W>E or R>Q>E>W depending on the situation.

Shoutout to GhostHawk P.S. written here whilst im high as **** loving life loving ganja,
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/kayle-ghostblade-be-thy-strength-revised-11-1-25494

Feragore

11-01-2010

Does Ghostblade work with her E? Same question could be asked about Frozen Mallet too although I tend to grab red buff with Kayle. Any ranged right click champion works brilliantly with it especially if they can go 9/0/21 without issues.

My builds fairly standard although I've been playing around with a skill set of E-W-Q-Q-Q-R for first 6 levels. Your normal attack does more damage than Reckoning level 1, and multiple hits make it about as equal as level 3 in it with a much lower mana cost. You miss out on the minor slow but get more DPS overall earlier. It also plays well if you run Armor Pen marks like me.

Spent a good full day or so figuring out those runes with the recent buff to damage marks. Flat damage was rather lackluster, extra damage might be nice for last hitting but she's good at that anyway. Damage / level is significantly better than Armor Pen as it plays into Kayle's very strong late game, but I don't know of any other champion that could use them properly. Armor Pen still works for around 70% of your DPS anyway and is still useful if you play other carries.

Gunflame

11-01-2010

Feragore: Yes Kayle is melee. In LOL melee is a "label" it has nothing to do with the range of attacks. Kayle is labeled as melee.

QQQ? you should QQ if you are using that build... I mean it is not horrible but having lvl 5 fury ASAP is just too good.

Runes
- Kayle is very mana hungry so I STRONGY suggest MP5/lvl yellows... while they are recommended they are not completely necesary.

- Red Armor pen. She does about 55% physical damage so it is better to enhance 55% of your damage than the other 45% (I have over 100 games with her in ranked so I can see the details of Magic vs Physical damage).

- Blue Glyphs of Flat CDR... why? Simple if you go 9/0/21 + flat CDR runes you get like 14.85% CDR, add a 25% from nashor and you hit the cap. Earlier in the game you can add a golem and hit the CAP. If you do NOT like nashor you can get Youmuu's for about 30% CDR total... Add a blue elixir and you will hit the cap AGAIN. There are other choices but Kayle can be ranged 10 seconds out of 10.8 seconds (only 0.8 secs gap), so it is highly recommend to get max CDR.

- Quints: I go for HP flat, but AP flat, Armor Pen, Attack speed and others are really good as well. It is just that I usually solo and having a little extra HP really helps your laning phase.

If you wanna build her like a true DPS (a la tristana) you should focus on Attack Speed and Armor penetration in all your runes. Critical Strike chance is also a good stat on her, but I rather get it from Green Elixir, Yoummu's and IE than from runes..