[Discussion] Kayle

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTruhan

02-14-2010

Ooooo, a place where people gather to put their Kayle build *sniffle* I'm touched. Kinda surprised at how many people actually use Kayle seeing as I barely see her in my games other than me using her.
Anyway here is my build:
1. Amplifying Tome-This is what I always get early game
2. Boots Lvl 1-Important to get back to your lane faster catch enemies you get the big picture probably
3. Fiendish Codex- Later on builds into Nashoor's Tooth, a staple I must say for my Kayle
4. Berserkers Greaves- I'm leaning a bit to the dps side
5. Nashoors Tooth- Staple for me
6. Zeal- Again leaning a bit to the dps side, it's a good item to mow down creep waves when combined with your Righteous Fury
7. Rylai's Scepter/RoA-Depending on my prediciton on the length of the game I would choose either one. Rylais slow enemies caught within the splash range of Righteous Fury, and increase your AP significantly also a good source of HP. RoA, well you get the gist.
8. Trinity Force- A great damage source, Righteous Fury+auto-attack followed with Reckoning+auto-attack is an amazing damage source.
9. Spirit Visage- A nice boost to your heal^^

The next one item is based on how the game goes, depending if I need more damage or survivability. Spirit Visage maybe taken earlier if you're not pawning face as much or your team just needs that extra heal cause you're pushing their towers or for other reasons. Though in ideal situations that is my build.

I am thinking of making a Kayle guide soon, I'll post it here if I've made it.

Kayth

03-05-2010

Hey...

Kayle is badass.

Short version of my build:

Do whatever for runes, HP and AP I think to be nice. I like utility for my masteries. Summoner spells = Teleport and Exhaust, I'm sure others work well too.

Skills: Intervention saves lives, Reckoning crushes people. Get these first.

Items: Catalyst for early game, then upgrade into either Banshee's Veil or Rod of Ages after boots. Choose your boots for the situation at hand, Ninja Tabi/Berserker's Greaves/Mercury Treads. Nashor's Tooth is good for AP build, Soul Shroud good for tanking.
I've played Kayle a good amount, not saying I'm good or anything, but I have quite a bit of experience with her. I've tried several builds, from tank builds to AP builds, mostly the ones I've seen on guides. As of recent I've been trying something new though.

Pre-game:

I'm only lvl 21, so I don't have full runes and masteries. I am mostly focused on Utility for regen, CD's, and movement speed. Runes are w/e for me, I don't focus on them yet. Summoner spells I use Teleport and Exhaust. I like being able to get back in lane fast, or jumping over to help another lane. Exhaust is awesome for ganks. I don't particularly recommend any one mastery/rune/summoner spell because of my lack of knowledge and experience, but what I have seems to work well.

Skills:

Skill build goes Intervention > Reckoning > Divine Blessing > Righteous Fury (except that I almost always get Righteous Fury at level 4 for the range). This is probably not too original, but the priority placed on Reckoning is due to it's huge damage at low levels.

Items:

The item build I'm trying is a versatile one. That can be switch depending on your team and your opponents.

I start with Sapphire Crystal and 2 health pots.
You can cast more Reckoning with the extra mana to harass your opponents more and the health pots let you cast less Divine Blessing extending your mana pool.

So next I get Catalyst the Protector and possibly boots.

So once you get around 900 gold, you can get Catalyst, but if you save to 1300 or 1700-ish then you can get your boots too. I think the Catalyst is a good item because it still extends your mana and health which both help to continue casting Reckonings and let you survive as a (mostly) melee character. The regen upon level is pretty amazing I think. You can normally get the Catalyst by level 6, so you have alot of time to let the regen help. I like to stay in lane alot and with these boosts you can have an almost endless presence (unless of course you get attacked).

You can pick up any pair of boots. If you are feeling tanky, get Ninja Tabi, if your feeling aggressive, Berserker's Greaves, if you are fighting alot of Casters Then Mercury Treads. I would normally try to decide on this during loading screen, when you get to see all the players, take not of other tanks on your team, if any, and the number of physical-to-spell damage characters on their team.

After this I will upgrade my Catalyst to either Banshee's Veil or Rod of Ages. If I'm not playing a tank role, or they just don't have many casters I go RoA and Banshee's Veil for if they do. It's nice that even with the AP from RoA making your abilities very potent, it still gives you good HP, so you are a cross between a tank and AP Character.

This is about the end of my predetermined items. It is a build left up to change and adaptation to some extent. If I am AP oriented, I will normally continue with Fiendish Codex and upgrade to Nashor's Tooth. If I am being tanky I will probably go for Soul Shroud, or something with armor.

In all honesty, the highlight of my build is getting Catalyst for early levels and the option for either tank or AP.

Fin

Aircross

03-05-2010

Reginald Build

http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....e-by-reginald/

This is why Riot nerfed Kayle.

brotherfrank

03-05-2010

@ Evernight

You ABSOLUTELY sure about being able to bring the cd on kayles ulti to 27 secs?
I've never got it under 36 secs, and when I asked about this in another thread I got the answer that there is no point in stacking more then 40% cooldown reduction as past that it doesn't give kayle any benefits.

Otherwise personally I play an ap kayle.
People like to say kayle is a one trick poney but with an ap build she becomes more of a jack of all trades, reckoning doing 600-700 damage(+slow!!!) end game and her heals healing for 500-600.

Otherwise for buffs....I dunno, kayle seems to be one of the "fairest" champions out there, and a character that requires more skill then average.
When you do good as a kayle player it's not uncommon for the other team to single you out and blame their defeat on your presence.

Never once have I been called OP or playing a broken character.

I'm not a big fan of her passive, but then again, it's probably my build that doesn't suit it (the only synergy I can think off with it in my build is a faster striking righteous fury, otherwise I don't wanna be in close combat to get the bonus xD)

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherfrank View Post
@ Evernight

You ABSOLUTELY sure about being able to bring the cd on kayles ulti to 27 secs?
I've never got it under 36 secs, and when I asked about this in another thread I got the answer that there is no point in stacking more then 40% cooldown reduction as past that it doesn't give kayle any benefits.

Otherwise personally I play an ap kayle.
People like to say kayle is a one trick poney but with an ap build she becomes more of a jack of all trades, reckoning doing 600-700 damage(+slow!!!) end game and her heals healing for 500-600.

Otherwise for buffs....I dunno, kayle seems to be one of the "fairest" champions out there, and a character that requires more skill then average.
When you do good as a kayle player it's not uncommon for the other team to single you out and blame their defeat on your presence.

Never once have I been called OP or playing a broken character.

I'm not a big fan of her passive, but then again, it's probably my build that doesn't suit it (the only synergy I can think off with it in my build is a faster striking righteous fury, otherwise I don't wanna be in close combat to get the bonus xD)
It was possible to get Kayle's ult to 27 sec cd before they increased the cooldown, now it's only possible to get it to 36 seconds. I play cdr kayle, because having invuln up every fight is great.

The cooldown reduction cap is 40%, so it's not a Kayle only thing, stacking any more cdr is useless on any character.

Runyst

03-05-2010

I usually get
1.meki+2 hp pots
2.codex
3.mejais soulstealer if my team is doing well
3.move 1 boots if they aren't(upgrade to merc or ninja tabi at your discretion, berzerker boots if you are confidently stomping the other team)
4.stinger
5.nashors
6.codex
7.deathfire grasp(I get it for the cd reduction, caps out at 40% cd when you get it along with nashors)
I got to say, I love the range on the heal and ultimate
helps you do those clutch shields right as someone's about to diefrom all the way in the back of the team fights so you don't get focused
then I move in to clean up with reckoning
I usually only make it to the second codex before the game ends or a surrender

Waverhouse

03-24-2010

Rezzing this thread instead of making a new one.

I find myself constantly with mana problems when playing Kayle. Normally the answer to this would be to just get a good mana regen item, but because Kayle is a rather poor farmer whatever mana regen you are getting should hopefully lead into something else, consolidate your gold. The gold per sec items (mostly because they dont usually build into something) all seem rather lackluster considering after 10 minutes you get what, 300 gold? The exception perhaps being Kages Pick which you could use to build the Deathfire, but I havnt tried that with Kayle yet.

For reference, here is my build with her so far (trying for a more DPS build):

Sapphire
Ruby
Catalyst
Boots (Berserker usually, Ninja/Merc if the team makeup calls for it)
Nashor's
Catalyst -> Banshee's Veil OR Starks, depending again on team makeup.

And usually the game is over by then. If not, I usually shoot for a last whisper. For Kayle it seems like, half of her build is trying to get the absolute most for your gold as you don't have much to spread around. Might try building Kage's Pick first, use the AP to harass a little better and arrange masteries/runes for mana or mana regen. Thoughts?

AwkwardRobot

03-26-2010

I like getting Nashor's Tooth followed by a Soul Shroud to help myself and my team (also bumps my cooldowns to the cap [40%]). I usually get Sorcererererers Booties for penetration and maybe an abyssal scepter thinger for more penetration... thats my aggressive build...

Joebags

04-06-2010

I've had a lot of success recently with this build (generally in this order):

Saph Crystal
Catalyst
Merc Treads
Mejai's
Kage's Pick
Banshee's Veil
Deathfire Grasp

Then usually get some support items like aegis or starks if my teammates haven't already gotten them.

Bonegnasher

04-06-2010

Kayle is one of the best support heroes in the game. I've had great success with this build (DO NOT USE UNLESS THERE ARE 2+ DPS CHAMPIONS ON YOUR TEAM):

Summoner Spells: Rally & Heal

Abilities:
1. Q
2. W
3. Q
4. E
5. Q
6. R
After this, max Q, then W, then E, taking R when available

Core Items:
Meki + Pots (or Mana Manipulator, depending on lane mate)
Boots (your choice)
Stark's Fervor
Aegis of the Legion

Typically the game doesn't last too much longer after these core items have been obtained, as your team is nigh unstoppable in 5v5 fights. Heal + Rally + Aegis + Starks is ridiculous, not to mention that you have a snare, a speed boost and invincibility. Your carries will love you. If the game does continue, CDR, DPS and tank items are all viable on ol' Kayle (I like Soul Shroud: HP, Mana regen/CDR aura).

12345678 ... 10