[Discussion] Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaneysed

04-02-2013

bump

Raitaki

04-03-2013

Let's see...I play Kayle as more of a burst/initiator (yes, it works, at least when teammates communicate with me) role instead of DPS or healer, so here goes:
1. Start with Long Sword -> Phage (I dislike Doran's :V)
2. Bilgewater Cutlass (Between this, Phage and Reckoning, diving any lone botlane with your ult almost guarantees either a kill or a flash from them. Sometimes both.)
3. Boots (If you're wondering why boots are so late, see the 2 items above)
4. BoRK + finish zerks boots
5. Now it's pretty much playing it by ear, but usually I'd go Nashor's then Runaan's.
For this build, I go offensive AD runes and masteries, with a bit of armor to be able to withstand hits from enemy adc better early game. I start with E for last hitting, then try to max E first because holy heck even the base magic damage on it alone hurts, it can secure kills by splashing off enemy supports while they're standing next to the dying enemy adc to block potential skillshots, is a good lane pusher, and is also a powerful harassing tool. This is an AD build, so of course afterwards I max Q. I also love to wait until jungler/support with decent burst is about 5 secs of walking behind me and out of sight, tell them I'm going in, then just dive botlane and pop ult. My usual playstyle is pretty aggressive already, so usually they take the bait, and at the last moment I cutlass them, W self, then back off and let ally finish.
Mid- to late-game, I "initiate" by intentionally get into a bad position, then let the enemy team focus their attention and burst on my ult while E-ing the heck out of everyone while teammates move in to clean up. Kayle is one of those champs who doesn't scale that much with items but scales well with abilities, so I don't mind having a bunch of assists once I get some kills :V

Alternatively, I also do support Kayle:
1. Philosoph's then Sightstone
2. Either Shard of True Ice or Twin Shadows, depending on how elusive enemy team is and whether my team has anyone who tends to jump in the middle of teamfights
3. Finish Shurelya's
4. BORK. Screw boots. Support Kayle needs no boots. Unless I pick the wrong masteries.
For this build, I max W -> Q -> E. Kayle's skills don't cost a lot of mana, so if I balance between E and Q for harassing it should last several minutes at a time without blue. My goal is to zone enemy botlane away from the creepline and allow adc to farm safely. Kayle's kit doesn't look like a lot to harass with, but if your adc cooperates well the enemy botlane will soon learn it's a bad idea not to back up when one of them is slowed and the other adc is getting a speed boost.
Starting midgame, once roaming starts, things start to get fun. Kayle makes a great scout and bait given friendlies are nearby, so you'll be surprised how many times you can throw yourself at the squishy carry with ult and they just stand there throwing spells at you (lol it's support Kayle what damage does she have) while teammates move in. Unlike the ADC path above, this time you have much more healing power and a shurelya's, so you have a much better chance of actually surviving the bait and continuing the support after your ult is spent.

So yeah, that's how I build Kayle. Admittedly my ADC build is only about average, but it does a lot better if none of the enemies are too fed and enemy has no skill disable that delays my ult long enough to kill me. My support build is somehow faring far better, with a track record of like 70% win rate :P Also, whatever you do, don't build a Tiamat or Hydra, not even to save your life. Kayle already has E for splash, and there are better options for lifesteal and AD.

buneter

04-03-2013

I build AS and Movement speed but its also situational I usually get
AS boots
Zephyr unless they are stackign a ton orf armour then nashors tooth
Statik Shiv for the poke potential and more movement speed
IF im support kayle twin shadows
Guisinoos rage blade
Phantom dancer for the crit AS and movement speed
and everyone ask why I build movement speed its because I ahve a speed up, a slow down, and since I dont build lifesteal I need a way out of bad situation's