Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counters to Counters to Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13eakers

03-22-2012

So I picked up Riven a month or two ago and enjoyed her playstyle so much that I played some 30-40 games with her solo top and somehow got good at playing her (a shock, I know). The thing is that I am getting near 6300 IP again, and I'm curious who else I should buy. Mostly, I feel that the logical choice would be to find someone who is widely good at countering champs who counter Riven, or at least can run a fair fight against them. Beyond this I want someone with a very mobile playstyle if possible. I would appreciate replies with both counters to Riven and suggestions for champions that counter these.

For anyone who is wondering, no I don't just play or Riven or just autolock her everygame. I play others including Irelia or Master Yi solo top, support Janna, ad carry Twitch or Ashe, and jungle Riven and Shaco. Even though I own these I would still appreciate people telling me if these are good champions for what I want (so I can pick them when the situation arises)

edit:
TLDR: If I'm going to main Riven top I want a champion that does well against her counters, so if someone counters Riven in draft pick I have a champion to go with.

Folly Inc

03-22-2012

Vlad and kennen both do very well against Riven top.

13eakers

03-23-2012

Quote:
Folly Inc:

Thank you for reply. My point is that if I'm going to main Riven top I want a champion that does well against her counters, so if someone counters Riven in draft pick I have a champion to go with.

Cenerae

03-23-2012

Well, if you can think of specific Riven counters, I'm sure you can figure out what those counters have as weaknesses individually. I don't think there's going to be a general counter-counter-pick, so better off just looking at champs that are strong versus most anyone, like Yorick or Kennen.

13eakers

03-23-2012

Ok thank you. I was looking at buying Kennen because he seems like so much fun, and since he seems to be both a Riven counter and a strong general pick I will probably go with him.

Equel

06-26-2012

Renekton is really fun. has mobility when striking an enemy champion or minion/monster.
he makes for creative through wall mobility-
very hard to gank with a stun from inside bush- to Slice through, and Dice home.

though Renekton is quite easily countered, by stronger top laners like Yorick.

Jimyd

06-26-2012

Yorick/Nasus, learn them and you can never get outpicked top, only outplayed.

BitProdigy

06-26-2012

Yorick... just about any counterpick to riven can be beaten by yorick.

_G

Schmarkii

06-26-2012

I main Riven top and I tend to have issues with Garen (Silence/sustain) & Kayle mostly. I just wait for Kennen to use his coke-ball, then jump him so he can't escape. :-/ Teemo is also annoying as he essentially disables your passive, while being just fast enough to get away... Every time... Forever.

Exòdus

06-27-2012

Yorick hard counters Riven.

Quote:
Folly Inc:

^This is wrong... Riven shuts down Vlad quite easily.

There is always the exception of getting outplayed, however.