Counter Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thorlax

03-22-2012

So.
Ive been playing this game for a long while and i know how to build vs any champ except fizz.
It seems to me that fizz is really impossible to counter with any champ except maybe lb.
And even then, if he leaps over your ult, you're boned.
I would choose any char and the same routine happens:
-R, Q, E, W. I get stunned by his ult (cant run away) and then die in about 2 seconds, if that.
Most of the time the ult isnt even needed. With lichbane, I get nuked for over 2k dmg anyway.

My question to you is how do i counter him?
If i'm a caster and i get rylai to slow him, he still dashes and then leaps to me and then im basically dead. When i build resist, he still takes me out and has like 40% hp.

DarkerNectron

03-22-2012

Pantheon, Galio, Gangplank? Maybe Kassadin, Stay at out of his dash range on Ahri. Sivir might? Shyvana probably does. Shen would. Morgana can farm fairly safely. Kennen probably wins.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorlax View Post
So.
Ive been playing this game for a long while and i know how to build vs any champ except fizz.
It seems to me that fizz is really impossible to counter with any champ except maybe lb.
And even then, if he leaps over your ult, you're boned.
I would choose any char and the same routine happens:
-R, Q, E, W. I get stunned by his ult (cant run away) and then die in about 2 seconds, if that.
Most of the time the ult isnt even needed. With lichbane, I get nuked for over 2k dmg anyway.

My question to you is how do i counter him?
If i'm a caster and i get rylai to slow him, he still dashes and then leaps to me and then im basically dead. When i build resist, he still takes me out and has like 40% hp.
Fighting assassins is an art in this game. That specilize in burst damage, so you have to be willing to trade blow for blow with them. First, play passive mostly in laning phase, but not too passive, you need to deal enough so he doesn't turret dive you, but not so much that you are low life anyway. You need to RUSH at least one piece of armor to counter them, if an AP assassin, Negatron, if AD, Chainmail, why those two, because they can build until much better items that every champion in the game can utilize. When he does harass, your MR should be enough to trade his blows, it will be close, but if you get scared and back up, you will lose, trust your abilities also, I really do suggest dodging his shark XD

Irelia Bot

03-22-2012

Well considering that the best counter to assassins is building tanky and fighting as a team you should try that.

Thorlax

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerNectron View Post
Pantheon, Galio, Gangplank? Maybe Kassadin, Stay at out of his dash range on Ahri. Sivir might? Shyvana probably does. Shen would. Morgana can farm fairly safely. Kennen probably wins.
As panth, id lunge a spear at him. He dashes at me dealing like 1.4k dmg (900 if i have mr). Leaps away. Ult, leap in im dead. Galio seems viable and so does kass.
Gp get raped imo. Same story as panth.

And it bs that quicksilver sash doesn't help vs his ult.

As far as dodging the shark goes, its not easy to do if u dont have a champ that can dash/leap out of the cast.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorlax View Post
As panth, id lunge a spear at him. He dashes at me dealing like 1.4k dmg (900 if i have mr). Leaps away. Ult, leap in im dead. Galio seems viable and so does kass.
Gp get raped imo. Same story as panth.

And it bs that quicksilver sash doesn't help vs his ult.

As far as dodging the shark goes, its not easy to do if u dont have a champ that can dash/leap out of the cast.
...1400 damage....no...that isn't possible unless he has like 600 AP and you have zero MR.

Vuther

03-22-2012

Fighters.

Varghul

03-22-2012

if he deals 1.4k damage without E during laning phase you did something very wrong

fizz is rather easy to counter in lane, if fact its here where you wanna couter him, because his mid game is really strong.

morgana, swain, kassadin, kennen, vladimir, galio, morde...there are many ap champions that can counter him. all you need is strong harass and the ability to survive his combo.

if ap champions are not good enough for you, most solo tops are really strong vs fizz. gp, ww, riven, yorick, lee, shyvana...any tanky champion can face fizz and come out on top.

fizz is a strong assassin, he can oneshot squisies with ease. dont play squisy champions, and dont play champions with skillshots or easy to dodge abilities and you should be fine (lb, anivia, brand are not good counters, since most of their damage can be dodged with a well timed E)

FoxMindedGuy

03-22-2012

Play Fiora, Riposte his W + Q combo. It is so funny when he gets pwned everytime his trident shines.

Also champions like Cassiopeia, Ryze, Annie, Kassadin, Karthus, Morgana all **** on Fizz. I think Fizz really is a good counter to Brand and Kennen. (Sure he might be able to dodge Gragas's barrels and Sion's stun-gaze but he can't bring them down or deny them farm in mid).

Dmillz89

03-22-2012

Actually Fizz does quite well against karthus and cassio and OK against morgana. He is not a good counter to kennen if the kennen is smart.