Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


"lol l2p mundo! Stack hp reg!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel J

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Do people really believe stacking HP Reg makes Mundo a viable tank? I mean really... Getting real tired of these kind of people


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpawnRaider

Member

08-03-2010

Mundo shouldn't be the team's tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel J

Senior Member

08-03-2010

I know right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aythreuk

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Mundo is a fine tank.
If your DPS you get DPS items.
If your tank you get tank items.

Health regen is great on Mundo because it helps ease the health costs of his spammable abilities with a HP costs.
Spirit Visage is popular on Mundo in conjunction with his ult, mega regen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salganos

Senior Member

08-03-2010

As a tank he should also stack lots of armor and resistance, like any tank. It's just convenient that Force of Nature and Spirit V both have regen and resistance.

Meanwhile we have the Sunfire Cape for extra burning and armor. Doubt anyone should ever get more than one though, unless the enemies lack magic damage, elsewise there are better armor sources to sync it with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chachapot

Senior Member

08-03-2010

you say he stacks hp regen. please list the items he got. if he has warmogs and force of nature then there is nothing wrong with his build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustDavid

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Quote:
Aythreuk:
Mundo is a fine tank.
If your DPS you get DPS items.
If your tank you get tank items.

Health regen is great on Mundo because it helps ease the health costs of his spammable abilities with a HP costs.
Spirit Visage is popular on Mundo in conjunction with his ult, mega regen.


Somewhere on the forum, someone proved that the increase regen and health you get from giant's belt is better than spirit visage after the nerf. Though I can't find it since search is down.

Mundo should be built dps though. He doesn't have the cc or initation to make him a tank. Also, most teams bring ignite now. Besides QSS, mundo is pretty much screwed if he gets ignited.

A dps mundo would typically build starks, boots, and spirit visage (replaced with giants belt now).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omesh

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Mundo is not a tank. Mundo is a DPS. Mundo cannot:

* Mitigate damage done to himself or others.
* Initiate or force a fight. No, Cleaver is not a good initiator skill (in tank-context).
* CC anyone. Cleaver is a snare, not a true CC.

Most of all? Mundo's abilities all deal damage to him. No true tank in the game has an ability that rewards them for having less health, either.

Sure, you can build Mundo as a high-HP tank and put armor on him and blah blah blah. But by doing so you become a totally unimportant presence in a team fight of any scale, because you do not do the one thing that Mundo's abilities allow him to do-- deal crazy amounts of damage. I mean, seriously, do people really think that high HP regen makes a tank? What do they do when they run into Gangplank?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Quote:
Omesh:
Mundo is not a tank. Mundo is a DPS. Mundo cannot:

* Mitigate damage done to himself or others.
* Initiate or force a fight. No, Cleaver is not a good initiator skill (in tank-context).
* CC anyone. Cleaver is a snare, not a true CC.

Most of all? Mundo's abilities all deal damage to him. No true tank in the game has an ability that rewards them for having less health, either.

Sure, you can build Mundo as a high-HP tank and put armor on him and blah blah blah. But by doing so you become a totally unimportant presence in a team fight of any scale, because you do not do the one thing that Mundo's abilities allow him to do-- deal crazy amounts of damage. I mean, seriously, do people really think that high HP regen makes a tank? What do they do when they run into Gangplank?

He can heal damage taken
Slow is a CC not a "hard CC"

He can't initiate :#

but he still isn't a tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chachapot

Senior Member

08-03-2010

Quote:
Omesh:
Mundo is not a tank. Mundo is a DPS. Mundo cannot:

* Mitigate damage done to himself or others.
* Initiate or force a fight. No, Cleaver is not a good initiator skill (in tank-context).
* CC anyone. Cleaver is a snare, not a true CC.

Most of all? Mundo's abilities all deal damage to him. No true tank in the game has an ability that rewards them for having less health, either.

Sure, you can build Mundo as a high-HP tank and put armor on him and blah blah blah. But by doing so you become a totally unimportant presence in a team fight of any scale, because you do not do the one thing that Mundo's abilities allow him to do-- deal crazy amounts of damage. I mean, seriously, do people really think that high HP regen makes a tank? What do they do when they run into Gangplank?


ulting and running in equals an initiate.