Renekton's Passive, Buff needed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakinite

03-22-2012

So let me start by saying that passive aside, Renekton is a very powerful AD champ, and I don't believe that hes underpowered by any means, a well played Renekton can absolutely dominate solo-top (except against Amumu, hes the only champ I've ever had counter me in solo-top), or he can build tank items and be an amazing support/tank in bot lane getting his teammate fed.

His mobility is crazy, not many champs have a double flash built in, and his damage (if you can manage your rage perfectly) is incredible. But the fact is that for a champ with a non-mana resource, hes pretty much the only one who has no way of either quickly building it up, or gaining a quick boost of said resource. His ultimate which does increase rage generation, is a mere 5 rage per second, the same exact number of rage generation you would have if you auto-attacked once every second, meaning your attack speed is 1.000 (which is crazy low).

Let's compare our boy Renekton to Tryndamere, the other Rage user. Tryndamere can potentially gain 20 rage maximum in 1 hit (you land a crit on a minion and it dies). This means potentially in 5 hits you can reach maximum rage. Renekton on the other hand can gain 7.5 maximum rage in 1 hit (I'm not including his abilities) if you were below 50% hp, which is RIDICULOUS.

It would take you 14 hits (it really is 13.3 repeating so I'm rounding up) to gain max rage but this would be only if you were under 50% hp. if you were over 50% hp, it would take 20 hits to gain max rage. Considering Renekton's main damaging abilities need rage to even be considered damage (ever seen how much damage a Renekton with 0 rage can do? ill tell you its pretty ****ing low), and his abilities eat up 50 rage when he uses one, means that you can only use 2 abilities with 100% rage. This means that I'm ALWAYS (ask any other Renekton player they'll tell you the same) discouraged from using the rage-enhanced version of Dice, which would really reduce armor, but I NEVER EVER use it. I don't EVER use it becuase if I do, I just missed out on a full stun duration, or a reasonable amount of lifesteal from my Q. And considering how long it takes to generate even 50 rage, it's NEVER worth it to use rage-enhanced Dice, which sucks because I'm sure the armor reduction is great, but I've literally never used it before so I wouldn't know.

Now let's compare ultis.......

Oh wait, at max rank Tryndamere can gain 100 rage?

Oh wait Renekton gains 5 rage per second regardless of rank?

-__-

So here's my proposed change; Make Renekton gain 15 rage when he attacks a champion, and keep the normal Rage gain rate for attacking minions. This means I would only need about 3 hits on a champion to be able to use a rage-enhanced ability, which would help A LOT. I wouldn't feel like I have to conserve EVERY ****ING SINGLE POINT of rage, and I wouldn't feel like I spend more time auto-attacking minions than harassing, or attacking an enemy champion (not to mention you un-avoidably wind up pushing your lane if you try to build up rage as Renekton because nobody will sit there and let you hit them to build your rage up). This would raise his DPS (which he does need, right now hes a burst AD champ, with a HUGE amount of time between his full damage bursts), and make the 50% more rage gained when under 50% hp more useful. And I honestly don't give a **** about how much rage i gain from my ult, it's really unnoticeable, and rage generation is not what I use my ult for EVER.

So tell me what you guys think; good idea, bad idea, make a better suggestion, troll, whatever you feel like doing. Just don't say "RENEKTON IS OP WAAAH" because you would just be showing how ignorant you are.

Micalas

03-22-2012

I was unaware Renekton even had a passive. I thought he just had a raging explanation.

Ulquiorra995

03-22-2012

Also:

-Reduce Ruthless Predator animation time
-PLEASE, Make Slice and Dice consume no fury if it hits no enemy. WTF are you doing, shredding armor of thin air?

Faelix

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra995 View Post
WTF are you doing, shredding armor of thin air?
Makes it easier to inhale. TO THE CHOPPING BLOCK!

Drakinite

03-22-2012

Wow, great ideas Ulquiorra995. I've never really thought about it before, but now that I do, it sometimes feels like my enemies are un-stunned before Renekton even finishes swinging his blade around. But about Slice and Dice I never have this problem because I make sure I never use a rage-charged Dice. Which sucks because it's like having a useless ability that I'm sure could be awesome.

Vuther

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra995 View Post
-Reduce Ruthless Predator animation time
In it's current incarnation, it's practically a suppression ability that also makes you stand still while used without Fury, except you don't get the benefit of immunity to tenacity.

Drakinite

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
In it's current incarnation, it's practically a suppression ability that also makes you stand still while used without Fury, except you don't get the benefit of immunity to tenacity.
Yeah I agree. Unlike other stuns, you also lose auto-attacks when you cast it, which is nonsense

solidfake

03-22-2012

good suggestions

I added your thread to the main Renekton thread in the general area: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1515193

chop chop!