Better nerf Irelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Homer X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

For Riot,i think 5 nerfs in a row isnt enough,i cant believe they nerfed irelia again...
Ok,she has great sustain,but same or worse than ww,olaf,yorick...and with that,i think the better nerf irelia joke makes sense.examples of riots logic:"morgana is the universal countermage...better nerf irelia","sion gets 50% lifesteal with ult,is tanky,gains tons of ad without items and has a 5 sec cd shield...better nerf irelia","tons of people have sustain in lane and low cd ult,i think its better nerf just irelia's...".Irelia was balanced and u nerfed her over and over...she needs a buff now.

Yizzin

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer X View Post
For Riot,i think 5 nerfs in a row isnt enough,i cant believe they nerfed irelia again...
Ok,she has great sustain,but same or worse than ww,olaf,yorick...and with that,i think the better nerf irelia joke makes sense.examples of riots logic:"morgana is the universal countermage...better nerf irelia","sion gets 50% lifesteal with ult,is tanky,gains tons of ad without items and has a 5 sec cd shield...better nerf irelia","tons of people have sustain in lane and low cd ult,i think its better nerf just irelia's...".Irelia was balanced and u nerfed her over and over...she needs a buff now.
5 Nerfs in a row you say? The last nerf to Irelia I see was in 7/2011, where the mana cost of Bladesurge was reduced at low levels and increased at higher levels (hooray for early spamming at cost of ... late game mana problems? really? mana problems in Irelia?) and a reduction in damage on her ult by a whopping 100 total damage at level 16, and only 15 damage at level 6 (not even 25% of an auto attack).

As it stands now, Irelia is still an incredibly beefy and sustain heavy character who gets essentially a free vamp scepter at level 1 through Hiten Style. Her kit embodies everything you would want on a champ: gap closer, farming tool, escape or chase mechanism (powerful slow and scaling stun), innate sustain, powerful damage steroid in the form of true damage, AoE and pushing capabilities, fantastic synergy with late game items, a low CD ultimate, and perhaps the greatest passive in the game.

Rukhron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Newest nerf to Hitten was lame

Plus: Irelia is tagged as an assassin, i don't want to play "tank irelia" when i pick Irelia, i want to play Irelia

I don't want her to be OP, for instance, i agree with a previous nerf there was to the healing received from ulting minions.

Irelia Bot

03-22-2012

That garen and trynda this morning wanted another irelia nerf. Now they should buff Irelia just to make Garen and Trynda players cry.

Over the Stars

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizzin View Post
5 Nerfs in a row you say? The last nerf to Irelia I see was in 7/2011, where the mana cost of Bladesurge was reduced at low levels and increased at higher levels (hooray for early spamming at cost of ... late game mana problems? really? mana problems in Irelia?) and a reduction in damage on her ult by a whopping 100 total damage at level 16, and only 15 damage at level 6 (not even 25% of an auto attack).

As it stands now, Irelia is still an incredibly beefy and sustain heavy character who gets essentially a free vamp scepter at level 1 through Hiten Style. Her kit embodies everything you would want on a champ: gap closer, farming tool, escape or chase mechanism (powerful slow and scaling stun), innate sustain, powerful damage steroid in the form of true damage, AoE and pushing capabilities, fantastic synergy with late game items, a low CD ultimate, and perhaps the greatest passive in the game.
What game are you playing?

Every Irelia I have ever seen relies on the tower and blade surge to last hit farm. Some champions would be alright if towers weren't a factor.. Irelia is not one of them.

Even before the nerf champions who hit hard early game could make her go back regularly, and let me tell you a little secret.. Irelia without farm is useless.

Also, you may be unaware of this little secret.. but, there is a saying "jack of all trades master of none" everything she does.. she does mediocre at best. Sustain? HAH even at level 5 hiten style.. your looking at about 4 seconds (assuming a hit per second) to heal up from a lvl 2 nimbus strike from wukong.

At BEST you could last hit 4 minions in 2 seconds by last hit blade surging.. but, then you can be attacked the entire time. She doesn't have the luxury of hitting quickly and from a distance some champions do.

Also her ult.. sure it is nice to every so often get a last hit on a champion or nuke down a minion wave and get some health back, but it isn't a game changer like many other champions ults are..

Actually being completely honest here.. the BEST You can hope for as Irelia is to make it into late game and be a CC sponge with enough damage that you can't be ignored..

but, even then.. any champion with a strong enough early game can shut you down and make you fairly useless late game. At least Nasus and other farm heavy champions have something to show for all the effort they put into farming..

Actually the last stream I watched with an Irelia in top lane who did well.. she was so in need of farm.. she was stealing from her own jungler.. It paid off.. but, it does demonstrate just *How* much farm Irelia needs.. I have given up on playing her since her kit can't really wipe out most mainstream top laners without jungle help.

Yizzin

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Stars View Post
What game are you playing?

Every Irelia I have ever seen relies on the tower and blade surge to last hit farm. Some champions would be alright if towers weren't a factor.. Irelia is not one of them.

Even before the nerf champions who hit hard early game could make her go back regularly, and let me tell you a little secret.. Irelia without farm is useless.

Also, you may be unaware of this little secret.. but, there is a saying "jack of all trades master of none" everything she does.. she does mediocre at best. Sustain? HAH even at level 5 hiten style.. your looking at about 4 seconds (assuming a hit per second) to heal up from a lvl 2 nimbus strike from wukong.

At BEST you could last hit 4 minions in 2 seconds by last hit blade surging.. but, then you can be attacked the entire time. She doesn't have the luxury of hitting quickly and from a distance some champions do.

Also her ult.. sure it is nice to every so often get a last hit on a champion or nuke down a minion wave and get some health back, but it isn't a game changer like many other champions ults are..

Actually being completely honest here.. the BEST You can hope for as Irelia is to make it into late game and be a CC sponge with enough damage that you can't be ignored..

but, even then.. any champion with a strong enough early game can shut you down and make you fairly useless late game. At least Nasus and other farm heavy champions have something to show for all the effort they put into farming..

Actually the last stream I watched with an Irelia in top lane who did well.. she was so in need of farm.. she was stealing from her own jungler.. It paid off.. but, it does demonstrate just *How* much farm Irelia needs.. I have given up on playing her since her kit can't really wipe out most mainstream top laners without jungle help.
Just curious, which characters do you suggest have a strong enough early game to beat her in lane? A 6 second True Damage steroid, assuming again 1 attack per second, translates to a 90-450 damage bonus (6*15 = 90; 75*6 = 450) on exchanges. Few champs have this sort of on demand damage steroid.

Edit: Corrected True Damage calculations on behest of Grim. However, a 450 damage nuke over 6 auto attacks is still quite hefty. Considering its also accompanied by ~150 health recovery, its quite a powerful harassment and damage exchanging tool.

Kagami

03-22-2012

Quote:
Her kit embodies everything you would want on a champ: gap closer, farming tool, escape or chase mechanism (powerful slow and scaling stun), innate sustain, powerful damage steroid in the form of true damage, AoE and pushing capabilities, fantastic synergy with late game items, a low CD ultimate, and perhaps the greatest passive in the game.
Her kit also has absolutely no synergy scaling in terms from damage items Q: AD/On-hit, W: AS/CDR, E: AP, R: AD/AP. Because of this despite being an Assassin there is no viable way to build heavy damage on it, unlike many other champs' damage scale well off a particular state almost all of her abilities scale differently.

Quote:
Just curious, which characters do you suggest have a strong enough early game to beat her in lane? A 6 second True Damage steroid, assuming again 1 attack per second, translates to a 90-720 damage bonus (6*15 = 90; 75*6 = 720) on exchanges. Few champs have this sort of on demand damage steroid.
Irelia doesn't have a 1.0 AS until level 10 without items/runes/masteries,

And like any other champ you use try to use your CC when they use their steroid or run til it's off if possible. and you trade while it's on CD. Also for example Akali can trade harder assuming you do double Q + R combo.

Putzfrau

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Her kit also has absolutely no synergy scaling in terms from damage items Q: AD/On-hit, W: AS/CDR, E: AP, R: AD/AP. Because of this despite being an Assassin there is no viable way to build heavy damage on it, unlike many other champs' damage scale well off a particular state almost all of her abilities scale differently.

irelia does monster damage late levels. why do you think everyone says she has such a dominate late game? she gets a ton of health and can move through a team like butter to get to a carry. and its pretty hard to get away from an irelia.

irelia's kit is amazing for what she has to do. i dunno why anyone is suggesting she's an "assassin" she's a beastmode meta golem totally generic top lane bruiser. and she's ridiculously good at that role.

lawlizeasy

03-22-2012

Are you really trying to say irelia needs a buff? The nerf was justified because her mid-late is insane and her laning was very safe due to her obscene sustain.

Amethyzt

03-22-2012

better buff irelia
hahahaha

OP must be joking