Are you for or against the idea brought forth in this post

Yes 2 6.90%
No 17 58.62%
I don't care 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Stopping the cheapest build in lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlayerX1A

03-21-2012

I'm sure anyone who is on this forum has faced or used what I consider the cheapest and most skill-less item build in league of legends. I am of course refering to the stacking of items such as; bloodthrister, phantom dancer, doran's blade, doran's ring, and so forth. The only way we are going to stop players from using such sad, skill-less builds is to make either the item itself or some of the bonuses from the item unique, so that the items don't stack. I know myself for one, is getting pretty tired of seeing this item stacking over and over. Especially when the player using it claims "they are pro". I'm sorry, but if the only way you can get kills is by stacking the most op items in game over and over, then you're not pro, you just play cheap and with out skill or learning the champions true potential. Please vote if you are in favor of this idea or are against it. Thank you for you time taken to read my rant and see you all on the fields of battle.

Peligrad

03-21-2012

I wouldn't be against seeing at least one stat on the doran's items being unique.

At the same time, I don't really see it being a problem either.

Stacking Doran's trades early game power for item slots that will need to be sold back for a loss later.

In addition, certain items are really powerful for some champs and give more power than even multiple dorans items... I think of tear of the goddess, the brutalizer, hextech revolver, vampiric scepter/wriggles, infinite edge, and philo stone- are all more powerful/more beneficial to certain champions than doran's stacking.

Yuan Shikai

03-21-2012

there is nearly NO item that really makes sense stakcing, a person that stacks item is terrible and will most probably fall of in comparison to a person with a more educated build.

Doran's items SHOULD be stackable because them stacking is designed that way for people who fall off earlygame and cnanot afford their best item right away.

I say keep stacking, ebcause people who stack are nearly always terrible players and easily roflstomped.

edit: also, the answers to your poll do not make ANY sense in relation to the question. The question is not a yes or no question, yet you gave yes or no as possible answers.

SlayerX1A

03-21-2012

Actually, I have seen people stack doran's items and completely own a match. The only time I haven't seen a stack build own, was when they were going against either; better stacked items, someone who did know what they were doing, a real pro player, or they didn't know what they were doing. I don't really have a problem with stacking bonuses, but there has to be changes to make it not so cheaply done. By that I mean, the stacking should require at least some skill, not something that someone who has never played before could do and end up owning the match.

Yuan Shikai

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX1A View Post
someone who did know what they were doing
That is what is needed against stacking, stacking is a pubstomp thing, good against baddies.

Quote:
not something that someone who has never played before could do and end up owning the match.
Hopeless exaggeration, NOBODY who has never played the game before will end up winning by stacking except his enemies have the skill of a stone.

Irelia Bot

03-21-2012

I don't think it is needed on Doran items but things like phantom dancer should have the movement speed unique so a second and third one can't replace level 2 boots with only a somewhat small reducintion in speed for champs like sion.

Carnack

03-21-2012

Dorans items are like DOTA 2s Iron Branches. If we had unlimited item slots we'd buy all Dorans for the raw stats it provides.

They provide raw early game power that is easily accessable. Without them snowballing would begin very early.

As for the rest stacking them is hardly the grand tragedy...

Carnack

03-21-2012

Quote:
The only time I haven't seen a stack build own, was when they were going against either; better stacked items, someone who did know what they were doing, a real pro player, or they didn't know what they were doing. I don't really have a problem with stacking bonuses, but there has to be changes to make it not so cheaply done. By that I mean, the stacking should require at least some skill,
Two things.

1: I am fine with weaker players getting owned by better player.

2: Choosing what items to buy is key to champion success. If they have the gold then the purchase is up to them.

XtremeDawg

03-21-2012

Truthfully, stacking items like the doran shield,ring or blade is not "noob". That person could be needing the sustain in the early rounds of the match but not have the money to afford stuff like bloodthirster or something like that. Even if someone does stack dorans for example, they use that for early game stability but they lose the first chance to buy greater items in the mid game - late game phase. Stacking phantom dancers or bloodthirsters are no big deal either. Why not get the extra life steal and damage? or the extra crit, attack speed and movement speed? Stacking items makes you lose the ability to get another or different item for a different purpose. Stacking 2 bloodthirsters and 2 phantom dancers on tryn? he won't have the hp to live long if you focus him. If you don't like people stacking items play differently and strategize different so the enemy team has to respond to what you do. Remember not to feed!

humunculis

03-22-2012

if you kids are losing to stacking items your bad, there really is no other way to say it your bad.