Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: A Dominion Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

03-23-2012

Quote:
Exx020:
Play with a premade, all whom i brought into LOL (took me FOREVER to get them all playing), of which 3 only play dominion (refused to play back when there was only SR and TT with the release of DOM finally getting them into the game).

The community and Riot need to attract more of this type of player. They are quite dumb trying to attract SR loyals to Dominion.

Kiddalee

03-23-2012

Quote:
Basoosh:
I'm betting money that Ranked Dominion will be one of many new features Riot busts out as kind of an anti-DOTA 2 launch package. According to red posts, ranked Dom has been ready to go since last September. They're just waiting for the right time. And what better time than the launch of a primary competitor? It would give people a feature they can't and won't get in DOTA 2. It's an excellent retention strategy.

Or it could backfire. People could be so focused on the "brand new" game that it will steal Dominion's fire, just as the Season 2 beginning stole the fire of Dominion's release.

Ironically, Dominion is more "new" than DOTA considering that it is a different game mode.

Stez007

03-23-2012

Cannot let this leave the first page.

RealWolf M

03-23-2012

Riot, dominion, these two things are opposite

Stez007

03-23-2012

Morello Ironstylus Tryndamere Udyr Phreak Xypherous Brackhar

Who else do I need to bait?

Geryth

03-23-2012

Quote:
Stez007:
Morello Ironstylus Tryndamere Udyr Phreak Xypherous Brackhar

Who else do I need to bait?

They are deathly afraid of saying something that will be taken out of context. They just don't know the not saying anything will also be taken out of context. We know you care about Dominion, we're pretty sure you put a lot of hard work into making it. But leaving us in the dark so much, to many people it's simply saying that you don't care.

Phourc

03-23-2012

@Ha11uc1n0g3n: grats on first forum post xP

Quote:
PurpIe Reign:
I had a dream last night that a red posted in the dominion forums. I'm not even kidding.

Quote:
PurpIe Reign:
it was in a POOTERSS thread. That's why I knew it was ****ed.

That's a terrible dream and I'm sorry ):

I posted this in the other thread but I feel it's worth repeating:

It's extremely unlikely our Elo will be brought back in the same form - it was, by all definitions of the terms, a bug exploit ):

HOWEVER, I really hope that at the very least we'll get some news once they realize that this is something that a significant amount of people care about.

(Rebecca Black Day post - I'll try to bump earlier in the day next time xP)

Kukulkan

03-23-2012

And bump again for justice

Stez007

03-23-2012

Justice for great bumps.

Stralucire

03-23-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
Or it could backfire. People could be so focused on the "brand new" game that it will steal Dominion's fire, just as the Season 2 beginning stole the fire of Dominion's release.

Ironically, Dominion is more "new" than DOTA considering that it is a different game mode.

Besides, who are they hoping to hook with a competitive reveal like that? It seems to me that pro players prefer either SR or Dominion, and very few of them intermingle the two. Trying to compete with another Dota style game by leveraging Dominion sounds like an attempt to siphon football players into rugby: a few things will translate, but ultimately they're two different sports.

Granted, this is supposition, and I could be wrong. But Dota is a specialized form of PvP game, and its players have very particular expectations about what will or will not exist within the framework. Dominion outright breaks many of those expectations. In some cases it breaks very deeply rooted concepts like tactical abstractions and territory ownership. Superficially, mechanically, it may look and play like SR, but it's more than just a new mode or a new map: Dominion is a new game altogether.

If Riot wants to use Dominion to court the Dota player base, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it backfires.