ingame ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uDied

08-02-2010

i dunno where i should put this.. the ping ingame is annoying most players spam it constantly.. i read somewhere 1 ping is enough.. but for most it aint. how about adding a 30 second cooldown on the ping or even 1 minute

Hssarth

08-02-2010

Ehh.... I have to disagree slightly. Multiple pings can be great for showing someone an enemy's path. Since I doubt they'll impliment a pen tool, the best solution to this I can think of is an anti-flood system. If you ping x amount of times in y seconds, you can no longer ping for z seconds.

Edit: This also sounds more like something that should go in the HUD discussion.

uDied

08-02-2010

just a suggestion, there should be a cool down.. 30 seconds is plenty of time. as i read from one of the sticky posts i think 1 ping is enough. spamming it makes me wanna leave the game or go afk.

Hssarth

08-02-2010

Except that during that 30s period, an enemy could get all the way across the map. When you're in the middle of your own battle and don't have enough time to type, pings become a useful tool to warn others.

uDied

08-02-2010

thats why there is either 3 players or 5 players. at the moment its just overkill

Hssarth

08-02-2010

Wait. What?

uDied

08-02-2010

or an option to turn it off.. thats even better.

Wilczak

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uDied View Post
or an option to turn it off.. thats even better.
And after 4 guys ganked you, you start screaming "OMFG call mias you #$%@#$#%@$%#$^#%#@%#@!!!!!". "OMG noob we was pinging 1000000 times l2p idiot!"

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hssarth View Post
Ehh.... I have to disagree slightly. Multiple pings can be great for showing someone an enemy's path.

Edit: This also sounds more like something that should go in the HUD discussion.
This- when mid goes to gank bot, 3-4 pings showing path is quick, easy, and informative.

Also, +1 to move this somewhere else. It is clearly a feature that is working as intended, just not how you would like it to work- ie, not a bug.

Wicked Odie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

I fully agree with these guys, multiple pings are necessary for success. However, I am sick of people spamming pings for no reason just because they can. I am in favor of the flood system.