Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Found out why Malzahar's 1st voidling lags the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlobPower

03-21-2012

I don't know why i'm doing this, riot is going to ignore it like almost everything else.

It's simple, the game is reading some file from HDD, when the 1st voidling is cast. It's very easy to see this with ProcessMonitor, especially if all sounds are disabled to hide the HDD access for the audio files.

BlobPower

03-27-2012

The 1st tower shot also causes the game to read something from HDD.

BlobPower

03-28-2012

Some announcement, most likely "Welcome to Summoner's Rift"

AND

Opening the Shop,
where i get Bug Splats from time to time. Now i think it's related to team mates moving or using skills in that moment, causing the game to load the matching sound for this and the shop files.

mandy6624

05-09-2012

bump

BlobPower

07-23-2012

Ok, i didn't check this for HDD access, but buying the 1st ward also lags the game. This caused me to fail buy 1-2 times before i started to wait a little after buying my 1st ward.