Who is a good counter to Kennen mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arollo

03-20-2012

I always seem to lose mid to a good kennen when I'm ap caster. Is there a good ap caster counter pick to kennen or should i switch with my ad carry? Any advice would be appreciated.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Kennen is really squishy early on, an Ahri, Cass, and even Morde can probably win against Kennen

**LB can also do that

Sena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

What does Mord not win against in a strict 1v1 without jungle interference? Mord es numero uno huehue.

Add Vlad to this list

Also be cautious picking LB, you need to win your lane hard and roam to create your team a decisive advantage. In a team fight, Kennen >>>>> LB. You have no late game.

Habimaru

03-20-2012

Try Caitlyn. She has ridiculous range that can hit Kennen from really far. I am speaking from experience by the way (I was Kennen also in this match-up by the way). Kennen generally won't be able to get close enough most of the time without taking huge damage because that long-ranged shooting move of hers can be difficult to dodge even for Kennen & it does huge early game damage (unless your aim is really off of course). Plus those Yordle Snap-Traps...

(Post-Tracking: Habimaru)

Lensing FTW

03-20-2012

Ryze. A million times Ryze. Your snare outranges his auto-attacks and stops his lightning rush. So the only way he can put marks on you is hitting you with his shrunken, which is decently easy to dodge. You will have a few rough levels, but then you can beat Kennen simply by chunking him with your q whenever he gets in range and combing him if he tries to combo you with lightning rush and slicing maelstrom. Late game, if Kennen can't move he is useless, so you just snare him in every team fight and watch him contribute nothing. As a Kennen player, nothing scares me more than Ryze. Leblanc falls off, Caitlyn can be combo'ed and killed, but Ryze is unstoppable.

Iridos

03-20-2012

Annie, Cass, Ryze... there are others, those are the faceroll easy ones.

Sena

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habimaru View Post
Try Caitlyn. She has ridiculous range that can hit Kennen from really far. I am speaking from experience by the way (I was Kennen also in this match-up by the way). Kennen generally won't be able to get close enough most of the time without taking huge damage because that long-ranged shooting move of hers can be difficult to dodge even for Kennen & it does huge early game damage (unless your aim is really off of course). Plus those Yordle Snap-Traps...

(Post-Tracking: Habimaru)
dat caitlyn mid

cait mid new meta ofc

JxC

03-20-2012

kennen has no specific "hard" counters in early laning phase. anything even close to being counters would be leblanc or someone that can just zone and outlane him like morgana/cass/ziggs. Also, everyone assumes that kennens always play insanely aggressive, which is not true. As a kennen player, I am aggressive against certain champs but against champs that I know outdmgs me upfront, I will play a safe lane and just Q farm and Q harass. Kennen will usually out sustain in lane because of 9% spell vamp from runes/masteries and doesn't use mana
Mid-late game is another story though. usually most AOE displacement champs do well against his ulti (gragas and janna). I don't think single target snares like ryze is a hard counter either. If i know you have a ryze on your team, I would definitely not engage first. Wait for the ryze to blow his snare (which is basically always the first thing he casts) and then go in for the ulti.

Mambazo

03-20-2012

Just wrecked one with ziggs.

TheBarb

03-21-2012

Caitlyn is usually a good counter against kennen, Ive been playing Kennen for a while and have noticed picks like Kassadin, A good Vlad, Morde kaiser if your stupid ussually I can outlane him in mid with constant Q harrass, Brands rather annoying to play again, and anyone else that can just right click you and win.