Jabebot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsuma1337 View Post
They better add rank soon I am sick of playing A class ******* who just TROLL!!!
Cause ranked is totally gonna change that... lol

You haven't played SR ranked, have you?

FOODFOOD

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
I have been hired. Now I just have to finish my Masters degree.
That's flippin sweet. What's your ETA for graduation?
You should write your Dissertation on Dominion.

ILS Approach

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I don't think Lyte was aware JabeBot was actually pulling numbers rather than calculating the ratings.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...53479#22053479

Basoosh

03-21-2012

Quote:
That then begs the question:

If it wasn't Elo, what was the value that JabeBot was returning?

The value came from Riot, it wasn't being calculated by Jabe. So it was definitely some kind of data that Riot was using. From game to game, the value behaved very much like their ranked Elo values. And most of the time, that value seemed to play into matchmaking quite a bit. If it wasn't Elo, what the heck was it?

Isurwars

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
That then begs the question:

If it wasn't Elo, what was the value that JabeBot was returning?

The value came from Riot, it wasn't being calculated by Jabe. So it was definitely some kind of data that Riot was using. From game to game, the value behaved very much like their ranked Elo values. And most of the time, that value seemed to play into matchmaking quite a bit. If it wasn't Elo, what the heck was it?
Maybe it was "some part" of the elo, the K ratio is fixed bellow 50, but somehow you can lose a game and lost 60+ JabeBot elo score, so there is something more to it.

03-21-2012

I bet they say it's not "accurate" because the "actual" elo will be calculated after you pick your queue style (solo/premade). Then the fail systems engages and changes your actual elo to something it shouldn't be. Then after that, it changes back to what we saw which isn't "accurate".

yogsarrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

ratios aren't as fun as elo

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
I have been hired. Now I just have to finish my Masters degree.
That's freaking awesome man. Congrats! Now you no longer have that feeling of "Ugh, I have to get lucky in order to find a job when I graduate" like most college students. You have a job waiting! I'm jealous.

swampfox357

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
That's freaking awesome man. Congrats! Now you no longer have that feeling of "Ugh, I have to get lucky in order to find a job when I graduate" like most college students. You have a job waiting! I'm jealous.
It starts with a good internship/coop job. I got hired on at my present company before I actually graduated because I got a lot of practical experience working in the field.

ssmonkey

03-21-2012

Grats to Jabe on getting the job.

Biggest positive about Jabebot: it actually increased the interest in Dominion to the extent that my queue times were shorter than the same for twisted treeline.

But their now back to being longer than my TT queue time. =(