Dominion requires MORE skill than classic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeanTheBaptist

09-23-2011

First off, i'd like to start off by telling riot they did an INCREDIBLE job with this game mode, it's like Arathi Basin from WoW mixed with DoTA.

The people posting that dominion is skill-less has no idea what team-work dominion actually requires. It's the epitome of on-the-edge of your seat action, fast-thinking, and incredible organization. I see alot of grade A pay to play gaming in dominion, it's simply awesome. At first I was a little skeptical, seemed like the game mode was pretty dull. But after a few games and learning how to actually play correctly, and organize your team even if you solo, takes alot of quick thinking..

For instance, we were losing 2 point to 220. We had 2 points left, I decided to step my game up, playing as Garen, I instructed my team quickly with pings and directions, sending orders all over the map was tiring, but it was rewarding when you make a 200 point defecit a win, with 1 point left as we won. If anything, classic mode is less skill involved, as soloing it constitutes alot of easy winning strategies (The end game karthus suicide dive with revive stategy) and comebacks in classic are WAY less viable, as one teammate can detramentally ruint he entire game as compared to dominion, I actually won a 4v5 in dominion.

And it's new people, stop harping so much on it. It's beta testing, yet I see all these disrespectful posts to the company bringing you p2p quality gaming, for free. Appreciate the fact that they've perfected the art of intense pvp. Good job riot, I can't wait to see how you guys update Dominion in the future.

Oh one last thing, balancing, balancing is incredibly hard in MOBA games, I mean WoW is barely balanced, with like what, 1/10th of the playable charcters of LoL?

Peace

kentuckychicken

09-23-2011

I disagree with the fact that Dominion takes more skill than classic, but it's a well written post.

JebusTheMage

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid˛wMakÚr View Post
It's the epitome of on-the-edge of your seat action, fast-thinking, and incredible organization.
I stopped taking you seriously right there.

It doesn't take much thinking at all. In fact, if you actually had to give any brain effort at all in devising a plan, you're doing something wrong.

This entire post is troll.

Quote:
I mean WoW is barely balanced, with like what, 1/10th of the playable charcters of LoL
Let's see, about, 10 races, 10 classes with 3 trees in each class? Oh, and a game that's about 1000x larger.

Yeah that's a fair comparison.

Edit: Not to say I don't like Dominion, I enjoy it after a few matches in SR. But to say it requires more skill than the regular game itself, no.

SanDaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebusTheMage View Post

It doesn't take much thinking at all. In fact, if you actually had to give any brain effort at all in devising a plan, you're doing something wrong.

You should reaaaallly learn what a Troll really is.

And Dominion does take thinking, just in a different way. So far we are all scrambling to find the best way to play the game mode.

To write if off as it takes no thinking would mean that You probably just haven't had a close game or a turn around game or a good team.

Edit: Apples to Oranges Honestly :/

SeanTheBaptist

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebusTheMage View Post

Let's see, about, 10 races, 10 classes with 3 trees in each class? Oh, and a game that's about 1000x larger.

Yeah that's a fair comparison.

Edit: Not to say I don't like Dominion, I enjoy it after a few matches in SR. But to say it requires more skill than the regular game itself, no.

You're thinking one-dimensionally, as most people do. In beta version of all moba games, skill is really never imposed. New players, new game mode. It's easy right now of course, because it's beta. It hasn't been tweaked to really discern bad players from good. As are most all games in the early stages. Lol. Have an open mind, in the future, against good teams, I believe you'll see differently. Classic is just as easy, against disorganized teams, which about every dominion game right now is disorganized.

VIPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Disagree. It's just different.

Honestly it SUCKS without Vent or an in-game voice chat. I'm too strategic for pings to work and typing is too slow in that game mode.

If you don't play Tanky DPS or Assassin you have very few credible champs to choose from. I'm not really a huge fan of it in its current state.

Crusalis

09-23-2011

Why didn't you step up at the beginning of the game?

Modanya

09-23-2011

Personally I really like it though, I will say this I get really sick of people screaming out noob when people are just learning how to play it, anyone else fustrated with that?

CaptHarlock

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPx View Post
Disagree. It's just different.

Honestly it SUCKS without Vent or an in-game voice chat. I'm too strategic for pings to work and typing is too slow in that game mode.

If you don't play Tanky DPS or Assassin you have very few credible champs to choose from. I'm not really a huge fan of it in its current state.
Agree with the voice chat since it's impossible to type fast enough unless you are a professional typist.

Disagree with only choosing Tanky DPS or Assassins. Almost all the AP carries are good and a good chunk of the range dps are really good as well. Also, the straight up tanks are incredibly boss defenders.

TamOcello

09-23-2011

I start making calls in champion select. first thing I say is to remember efficiency, kills don't hurt after 125, to not get bogged down chasing or in long fights, and to waste their time, not ours. then just give orders as needed in game, if any are after that.