Are people in your games actually playing lulu as support?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

galiantpuppet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
When have I ever denied it?

It's all in good fun.

<3!
will there be any tweaks for lulu then? or is it wayyy toooo soon to say?

RoofImAMoose

03-20-2012

Quote:
Would you prefer the Soraka Champion Spotlight?

Welcome to the League of Legends Champion Spotlight featuring Soraka, the Starchild.

Here I cast Astral Blessing because my teammate lost some health.
Implying that there is nothing else for a GOOD soraka player to do. You could pertain to her using cooldowns at the right time and how play in the lane goes during skirmishes (saving your silence to prevent flashes if you're confident your AD is going to win, silencing to prevent the enemies abilities at the RIGHT TIME and not randomly.)

I agree with the OP that you should at least play the support champion in a support role with support build.

Rihawf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Blame the spotlight.
Anyway, had a Lulu who instalocked and didn't even said anything when I was browsing my Soraka. The person dodged after :l

Phyrexia

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyblink View Post
Except that the champions you used as examples actually have to think about when and how to use their abilities, have to aim them, and have some semblance of strategy in their laning/jungling. There are also supports that take a brain to play, like Alistar, Janna, Leona, Blitzcrank, Taric, etc. People don't get made fun of for playing support. They get made fun of for playing a champion whose most complex mechanic is basic map awareness so she knows when to press R.
Two things

Be absolutely, brutally honest with yourself here. None of the champions in this game take a huge amount of "brain power" to use. It's one of Riot's core principles behind this game. Any average joe could join in today, pick up one of the random free champions on rotation, and assuming we got a miracle and her got into a smurf free game could probably be expected to do average or good with that champion. It's not something to get defensive about and it's one of the charms of this game. The champions are simple to pick up and use. What you seem to be referring to is to use a champion at tournament-calibur level which is another matter entirely. But on a whole, everry champion can be played at the "faceroll" level. People just like feeling elite by putting others down.

2) You act like map awareness is some concept which everyone has down pat. You'd be so very very wrong. Even with wards down the river in all important locations and a stream of pings to indicate an incoming gank, there are more than a comfortable amount of people who will either keeping pushing for that 1 or 2 extra creep score or even worse, stop to type out "stop pinging" while the enemy jungler draws closer. Map awareness is not as prevalent as any of us would hope.

SometimesSkarner

03-20-2012

I'm watching him top lane her now. He's just crapping on this Akali.

Just zoning her and blowing her out.

Like.. based on this game, I have to think she's getting nerfed somewhere.

Dirty Foot

03-20-2012

Quote:
Would you prefer the Soraka Champion Spotlight?

Welcome to the League of Legends Champion Spotlight featuring Soraka, the Starchild.

Here I cast Astral Blessing because my teammate lost some health.

Thanks for watching the Soraka Champion Spotlight. Please subscribe...

Lulu is an aggressive support. I used my abilities on my teammates and enemies to enable kills. It's like how Taric, Alistar, or Leona function in those roles. I cast abilities on enemies and Miss Fortune got fed. I think she was 7/0 at one point?

The jungling line was a joke. She can jungle, but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since there's nothing really atypical about her jungle route/build.
The win here is just so much.

BerrySmoothie

03-20-2012

Quote:

The jungling line was a joke. She can jungle, but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since there's nothing really atypical about her jungle route/build.
Some newer players may look to those champ spotlights as a real source of how a champion should be played.

Therefor, I completely agree with you trolling on it.

Ruthless Sophie

03-20-2012

Release Orianna detected.

taiya

03-20-2012

karma 2.0

Jalian

03-20-2012

had one go support. lost to ap on other team.

repeated second game