Smart(er) Pings 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrez

11-06-2013

I am not sure if there is any enhancements when it comes to smart pings for season 4. Here are some suggestions which may help improve communications more. Have an optional enhanced pings option so that players not wanting to use them are not obligated to. I am thinking to add 4 more options that are smaller and can be reached as smaller (in diameter) and located in the NE, NW, SE, and SW sections of the Smart Pings.

The idea is to improve the "on-the-fly" aspects of communication. So here are my suggestions

• Please Ward
  • I am warding
  • Warning - Warded
  • Thank you

There is room for better options, however the two main communication avenues I am seeking to enhance is ward communication which will be more emphasized with the new ward focus in season 4.

The "Thank You" option is very important to me. The realization that Riot may not be able to change the nature of the community without heavy repercussion to the player base.

So more players are wisely choosing to mute everyone from the start of the game and save the stress of toxic players (or not responding to them). However it is still nice to have a positive recognition for people who make a good play, or save your tale. Even if the player is being verbally toxic, if they get no response but get a nice ping, perhaps that can change their mentality and this focuses on the positive versus the negative.

Novacht

11-09-2013

I agree very much with the ward pings, but the 'Thank you' ping isn't really necessary. I'd prefer less clutter in my smart pings.

We can also get rid of the 'danger' ping, because we already have the 'careful' ping.

Roaming

Master Recruiter

11-10-2013

I like all of these ideas except the "Thank You" ping. If you want to thank someone, pressing enter then ty isn't hard

Tauros113

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eta Hope View Post
I like all of these ideas except the "Thank You" ping. If you want to thank someone, pressing enter then ty isn't hard
But the whole point of these smart pings is to avoid wasting time in chat when a mouse slide accomplishes the same thing. That's why everyone loved the "on my way" ping, so that no one needed to type out "ganking bot" over and over.

Marik900

11-15-2013

Just a thought, maybe replace "Thank you" with like a "Warded?" one? Just find myself wasting time asking if they're warded a lot but I love the idea of the warning one, makes ward timing so fast