Lulu Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nurikee

03-20-2012

So when will we have a vote/kick option in game and be able to have new players mid game? Yeah thats the patch many want. Granted it could be abused but there are work arounds to this. The current report anyone for anything is broken and rewards punishing in the tribunal.

iDesolate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Horrible Patch, Riot doesn't listen to the community, they are just taking our money if you really think about it.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

It's that time once again my friends...for Mysterage's ultra long comment/post/rant about the most recent patch notes! I think since V-Day, Riot employees have shown us some love to make up for all that hate generated in those nasty nerfs. So getting right into it...

Lulu
I think I'm in love. I am so disappointed I am totally out of IP, and all of my IP gains continue to be sunk into runes to continue playtesting champs & new rune combos, or I'd insta-buy her. I really hope the rashes of "ZOMG new champ so OP, nerf nao!!!" ends after her, as I'm rightly getting **** sick & tired of all the baddies complaining about Fiora. I hope someday I can get Lulu, then come back here and comment on any changes, improvements, or even strategies to use her. Yordles, FtW! ^_^
Also: I see what you did, there. Nerf supports like crazy, then release a decent support to trick us all into buying her. You evil, evil *******s! Though, you realize we will riot if you release us a strong support, and then nerf her right after...be careful when you play with fire...

Blitzcrank
...buff?! I can honestly say, I don't think I ever saw this coming. I don't think he's OP in any way, though why the upgrade guys? Was he not combo'ing hard enough? Doing this just to boost his popularity? Or what? I think this is likely a welcome change. I do enjoy playing him from time to time.

Fiora
Bugfix, haha, suck it, noobs. I don't even own her, but I'm glad you didn't cave in to the obviously errant noobs on these boards complaining of her so called OPness.

Garen
Bugfix too, hoorays. Oddly enough, I see almost no Garen players nowadays. Was there a nerf to him a while ago, or one of his core items I'm not aware of? Or has the novelty of "Spin to win" finally worn off?

Irelia
Wow, when you nerf Irelia, you really nerf Irelia!!! Again, not another champion I really see all that often, but still, combined with any sorts of life steal, that sustain could get retarded.

Janna.
Uhm, wat. The damage bonus from the shield always used to stay? I never had any idea. I can wholeheartedly agree with this change, then. The shield gives bonuses, if it drops, bonuses go away. Sounds simple enough. Though, could Janna get a really little reduction on her ult? Or, have it buff noobs to know when she is doing that swirly air AoE thingy to stand inside it...>.<

Jax.
Ahhh, good old Jax. I was kinda hoping he would have gained passive benefits, like Old Jax for AP & AD, but the fact that they are worked into his new ult is okay too. Jax should really be considered a very strong pick to counter a lot of those crazy scary AD melee champs out there (and even some of the ranged), so I believe these are some good buffs & changes. I don't see him becoming OP at all from these, unless of course you feed him, and as everyone knows, #1 rule of LoL: Don't feed Jax!
(Side note: Call me a LoL fan, and a huge nerd, but I named a character in my D&D game "Suicide Jax", a play on a friend of mine's RPing character, Suicide Jack. Hehehe, I'm such a dork.)

Olaf
Phew, I was worried Olaf might have been berserking so much he had become OP. I hadn't had a chance to play him since his last buffs, and I'm very much looking forward to. But you folks keep putting champs I don't own in free week rotation, and I know you need those ones to get tested for various reasons, and are also hella fun to play, so I keep doing that instead!

Orianna
A bugfix, okay good. She's free this week, and speaking of testing champs...I want to see how she does against Ziggs. So many people long ago complained that when ball's range was reduced she was ruined. Yet last one I had in game w/ me totally ruined nearly an entire team, and if it wasn't for our own failures on our team, me & her almost could have single handedly won the game. For anyone contemplating buying her, do it! She's soo strong...scary strong.

Rammus
Ow, oooh, god **** that's a nerf alright! Guys, you really went overboard. Four points of base armor, as well as five points to base damage? Even with DBC up, he still wasn't "that" tanky. I was hoping you would have shown a lot more restraint in nerfing him, and gone with maybe 2-3 points of armor, and maybe 3-4 points of damage. This is really going to hurt his early game. Any jungle Rammus players out there want to comment on how fast his jungle was before, and how much they think this is going to impact him? I never jungle Rammus, as I'm still working on getting all my armor Seals, but laning with him was hard enough as it is, I don't know how I'm going to do so now.

Riven
Bugfixes are good. Apparently there is a graphical Nocturne glitch with his Ravager skin I have recently been made aware of. Any plans on fixing that sometime soon?

Shaco
What interesting changes. Though, why have you taken into account only AD Shacos? Two-Shiv is now going to actually deal more damage for AP Shaco early game, yet all Shacos will still suffer more late game. (FYI, I play Hybrid Shaco, so I've never felt the weight of his late game drop off as much, which is another reason why I'm thankful Two-Shiv has double scaling, but also I never become as strong as pure AD or AP.)
I think bringing back some of the strength his boxes gave won't necessarily break him. Before you could get what, eight, and now the max is four? Would it be too bad to let him have up to five? It would still take him out of combat, or gaining CS/generating harass to have to do so, but I doubt it would create those insane "Poop-in-the-box" traps that players a few months ago were using to get super fast early kills on unsuspecting champs.

Shen
I knew it was inevitable. The nerf hammer finally comes down hard on everyone's favorite ninja. This isn't the biggest nerf, as Vorpal Blade isn't Shen's best, most useful ability, but I do see that his farm is going to seriously suffer as a result of it. I doubt we'll see many Shens that won't be jungling after this nerf.

Shyvana
Holy ****, I never even knew she got these kinds of insane buffs while in dragon form! Normally I will read up on all champions, but I dislike Shyv enough I've never wanted to try learning about her, and instead chose to remain blissfully ignorant. I'm very surprised she was able to have this insane level of defense for this long. Anyone complaining about this nerf is really just being greedy. +10 bonus passive armor & MR is freaking huge at low levels, and +20 is even better.

Sona
...meh. I would say good job, but this change is hardly marginal enough to even warrant mentioning. After her screwjob, this is like taking away someone's five tiered b-day cake, and then a couple months later telling them, "Oh hey sorry about that. Here have this cupcake instead."

Soraka
In a weird way, I always noticed Starcall had this bit of out-of-sync delay on it. There also happens to be this huge bug whenever I play as her, though. Quite a few of us have noticed it, as well...everytime I go to Infuse her, it seems to do nothing. If you could get on fixing that ASAHP, that would be great, k thanks.

Veigar
Buf fix, yes. I'm sure Legend Commentaries will be happy for this one.

Viktor
Bugs, holy cow those are a lot of bugs! I heard this guy is secretly really good, wish I got a chance to play him...maybe in a week or so...*COUGH COUGH*...

Items

Lifesteal
Thank you. I know a lot of you auto attack noobs out there are whining, crying, *****ing & moaning about this, but you know what? Too effing bad. I main tanks, AP nukers, AP supports, and was franky **** tired of watching all of you baddies auto attack your way to wins, simply by building lifesteal until you could afford a BT, then getting IE, PD, and face rolling the entire enemy team because you deal so much damage, and got so much back. So yes, now you are going to have to rely on skill, wits and god forbid, some strategy for you to win! If you think it's so bad, what do you think all of us who played AP did when spell vamp got nerfed? We didn't QQ about it, we adapted, and lived with what we had, only complaining what little we did about those certain champions that got hit very hard by the nerfs. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think that Wriggle's or Vamp Scepter were nearly as much of a problem as BT, but I have still seen instances of even a Vamp Scepter saving someone's life when really they should have went down. (Come fight me under tower at equal level, take a few hits, back up and still win the fight with health to spare. All that just from the difference of one Vamp Scepter.) I don't think Wriggle's really needed the nerf of it. Yeah a long time ago Wriggle's was THE item for AD who wanted to jungle, or cleave through minion waves, but now? I see it being delegated to extremely situational times, and champions. I literally can't think of any champion who would want one, though, or any of those instances, actually.

Hexdrinker & Maw of Malmortius
I already commented about these in their respective thread, but again I just have to say good job. I hope the rumors about Atma's being removed are untrue, as it really is not a "broken" item, regardless of who is building it, and whether they are making a Fratma's, or Atmog's. You could say that a RoA along with an AA staff gives too good of a combo, because the RoA also gives mana, which then increases the extra AP of the AA, but really, it's only just the way that certain items synergize. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just an item combo that works. Oh and here's a tip for some of you looking to build that new Max. Get a Banshee's along with it. You'll be **** near immune to magic. You can thank me later. I'll save my own uber combo, including a certain champion, for myself though.

Summoner Spells

Heal
Nerf...? Wow, seriously? You know that rash of Heal noobs is only because really, really stupid Brazilians think they can bait us Americans by picking it, right? Or am I somehow the only person who never presses "tab" and looks at what SS spells an enemy has before I engage them in a fight?

General
Golem Buff
Whoa, Riot...I am disappoint. Here I was all set to congratulate you on having a patch day where you didn't royally **** anything up, and here you go, nerfing blue buff. This is...very big. This should have been in the **** patch video, and Morello, I'm talking to you. Explain yourself, sir. Why this freaking 50% nerf to casters? Ziggs is going to suffer hard because of this, a late game Xerath who needs that extra mana regen for his constant harass is gonna suck wind, on and on. Why so much continued, patch after patch, hatred towards casters? Oh, and if blue is getting the shaft, why not red, too?? Over years all of us have come to rely upon that rare time when we get to either steal, or capture golem buff for ourselves, and use its power to our advantage to help pull a win out. I'm not even going to get into how much this is going to absolutely wreck & destroy junglers, ALL junglers. Again, if jungle strength was supposedly too strong, then why not debuff both of them? Why only hurt the ones who will be relying mostly upon mana to jungle? I don't think this is a good change for the game, at all. Blue buff used to be a hotly contested object on SR, but now...whatever. A 50% nerf is just bananas, guys. Is that it? Did you get a trained monkey, bribing him with bananas to pull a list from a hat, and as to what unnecessary nerf was coming in this patch? I saw you asked for feedback in a forum, Morello, please put the nerf bat down, and get your fingers on the keyboard and give us some real, factual examples of why golem buff needed to be crushed so hard.

In all, I think there was more good than bad this patch. Rammus nerf & golem nerf being the worst of the worst. But I think Irelia nerf, Jax buff, lifesteal nerf, the unexpected, pleasant surprise release of a new item, along with changes to make Hexdrinker more accessible, Shen nerf, Shyvana nerf, and Shaco changes outweigh those. I'm not upset at all this patch, so Mysterage shall not rage today. I am mostly just confused, left scratching my head for a few of the changes, and wondering reasons behind some of them. Until then, I'll keep doing my part, keeping down the noob hordes...see you at mid.

N˙rse Međ˙s┬

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Time for that Suppordle action! Also, now that Irelia is finally nerfed, what will we say when something is overpowered and we need to nerf Irelia? ... hmm: "Time to nerf Irelia, again!"

Big change that wasn't mention before:
  • Crest of the Ancient Golem scaling Mana Regeneration reduced to 0.5% of maximum Mana/Energy from 1%

This part is a re-post, but the more people entering the better the content! So make sure to tell your friends about it!

I'm running a League of Legends fan art contest. The theme is creating an amalgamation of two or three Champions into a single Champion. Even if you lack artistic skill, you might have some cool ideas that could inspire someone.

Read all about it here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1920796

EDIT: Yay, downvotes for referencing the Irelia nerf that was sorely needed: Irelia was the top most pick/ban at Hanover besides Shen, Janna, and Shyvana... She was pick/banned in 77% of the matches: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AteGbDC8o77WdGN1SUp6ajUyRGo5YlplMFlBVmtJc mc&gid=13

and what about the champions that weren't picked at all? buffs?

Mirko CR0 C0P

03-20-2012

Love every update

akaRaven

03-20-2012

Blue buff needed a nerf. It was to easy to get blue and smash jungle with plenty of blue left to gank.

akaRaven

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalthorn View Post
Slightly less than 40 free ad at near 0% health with Maw of Malmortius.

Just thought that was worth knowing.
40... when your dead.

HEY! This would work great with Brolaf!

l Jer l

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaRaven View Post
40... when your dead.

HEY! This would work great with Brolaf!
Or trynd.. -cough cough-

Also. This patch is definately disappointing. And when are you gonna bring back Eve

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8

03-20-2012

Why nerfing swain by nerfing blue buff ?

akaRaven

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms418p1 View Post
Or trynd.. -cough cough-

Also. This patch is definately disappointing. And when are you gonna bring back Eve
I think Brolaf more. People will forget his other passive.