Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

need help learning to farm gold

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yarlind

08-02-2010

hey guys,
Well i have been playing a few days now and love this game but, wow i am soooo slow farming gold for my builds. I lane like crazy, do some jungling, but can not seem to make enough gold to get into the good items early enough to get my kills. I dont suck, but an even game at like 4/4/4 is typical and im playing garen so I know i should be doing way better.
my ingame toon is yarlind. I would be tickled pink if someone that has a spare moment would help me with some advice.
thanks for the help in advance,
yarlind

UnOfficial

08-02-2010

You need to not auto attack minions. Because if you do, your lane pushes out and makes you vulnerable to a gank.

You just need to take the last hit on each minion, therefore you get maximum gold instead of auto attacking. That's the main way to farm. The more and more practice you have with last-hitting, the more gold you'll be earning.

I hope I helped

yarlind

08-02-2010

ok thats great and ill give it a try thank you very much.

UnOfficial

08-02-2010

Np

Charcoales

08-02-2010

After you play a certain champion a few times you should be trying to get a feel for how much damage your auto attacks will do to minions. Using this, you can be a pretty good judge of how low a minion's health needs to be before you can last hit them. From my experience, champions with single target skills that do a good amount of damage and have a low recharge at lower levels are easier to last hit with. A few champions with these kind of skills are Sion, Annie, Mundo, Shen, Katrina, Nasus.

The Galactican

08-02-2010

Some champions are a lot easier to farm with than others as well. Those that do area damage tend to have a gold advantage I've found. As has been said though, last-hitting minions is key.

I played Garen a lot my first few days and it definitely took a lot of practice to get the gold up. Good luck!

a moron

08-02-2010

just a fun little suggestion: if you play hemier, your gold troubles will be over for good xD