Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help with Vlad!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFredible

03-19-2012

Hello,

I have played Vlad on and off, and I have lots of fun playing him. However, I want to ask all the Vlad veterans a few questions.

1) What are some counters to Vlad mid? And playing as Vlad, how do you cope with those counters?

2) How do I approach teamfights? What are my goals (i.e., who should I aim for) and what should I be doing in teamfights?

3) Currently, how "viable" is Vlad compared to other mids?

I will be grateful for any help I receive.
-inFredible

IS16e7c68f67142a

03-19-2012

Counters to Vlad are champions with burst, silences or healing reduction. However, all 3 can be worked around by playing safely through the early levels. Annie, Kassadin, Fizz are examples of this that can cause him issue.

Teamfighting is essentially going to be waiting for someone to initiate and then ulting as many people as you can, you should constantly keep your E stacks up though so just remember that the longer people wait the more he kills himself.

Vlad is perfectly viable in the right hands, the word hardly means anything nowadays anyway. He's even been getting quite a bit of tournament play recently. He's hard to truly shut down in the long run and he's a monster late-game

Atreiyu

03-19-2012

1) Swain, Kass, LB, Brand, Malzahar, Fizz counters him.
Also most other mages is purely a skill matchup.
Against those, you dont. You get dunked. Ask for a lane switch.

2)Teamfights, wait for your team's intiation, then R, Q , E and keep spamming q e if you can. If you start taking damage trollpool into the middle of the team to do more damage and lifesteal some back.

3) His ganking power isn't that great. He is a great pusher though. I'd rather run Vlad top

Auryiel

03-19-2012

1) Veigar can burst you down super quickly, so harass him out of lane as soon as you get strong enough to do it.
LeBlanc will zone you out, try to last hit under turret as well as you can and don't feed her. After a while, she won't be able to nuke you down anymore.
Same with Kassadin.
Don't ever get close to Cass, she will outdamage you and outsustain you with a WotA.
Brand's passive will **** you up.
Avoid engaging Annie unless her passive has 1 or 2 charges maximum. You can push hard and force her to last hit with her spells and possibly waster her passive.
Fizz might sh*t on you, or you might just roll all over him.
2) Wait until the enemy team is clustered, then R-Q-E-W and make sure you focus the enemy carry or support. Throw in an ignite if you can.
3) He's okay.

blindedsight

03-19-2012

Vlad makes a much better top than mid.

That's all I have to say about that.

inFredible

03-19-2012

Quote:
blindedsight:
Vlad makes a much better top than mid.

That's all I have to say about that.

Quote:
Atreiyu:

3) His ganking power isn't that great. He is a great pusher though. I'd rather run Vlad top

Against which champions would I be good against in top lane? Which would be bad?

Atreiyu

03-19-2012

Quote:
inFredible:
Against which champions would I be good against in top lane? Which would be bad?

Be ware the gap closer!!

IMLOwl

03-19-2012

I pick Malzahar agaisnt Vlad all the time. Such a good counter.

You have a silence, a hard suppression nuke, a %HP AoE spell and best of all, a DoT that keeps ticking away even if he manages to get a pool off.

Vlad HATES all of those things.

IS16e7c68f67142a

03-19-2012

Quote:
Atreiyu:
Be ware the gap closer!!

This.

Anyway, he's good against people that can't really take the constant poke of his. Long ago he used to be one of Tryndameres only counters though I can't really say anymore how the matchup works as of late.

It also helps that a lot of people in solo queue run a **** ton of armor in top lane and then you come in and shove them into the ground.

NicoliTheCat

03-19-2012

If you have very good reflexes, you can make Veigar's life hell by popping his ult's projectile in mid-air. Goodbye burst~