A Light in the Darkness (Lux X Riven)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kotuakai

03-19-2012

Alright, before I do anything, this story is COMPLETELY inspired by Cerubois's story Guiding Light (Which if you have't read yet, read it. It's a really great story) So the credit of the idea of Lux X Riven is completely his.

So here it goes, and please inform me of any grammer mistakes ^^

CHAPTER 1

Exhaustion began to seep into Riven as her room came into sight. Soon, she found herself stumbling over her own steps, pushing open her door and all but falling in. She had only joined the league a week ago, and already she had been summoned for two matches. Both were for petty arguments, a small border dispute and mining rights over a small mineral deposit. However, both had been long and grueling, only to end up in defeat.

Both matches had taken a toll on the young warrior, normally she would have been able to do such matches back to back for days on end, however her years of wandering Valron left her weak and feeble.

At the thought of her self exile, Riven’s mind instantly wandered to her massacre of the Ionians; however such thoughts were quickly and ruthlessly pushed from her mind. She was too tired to deal with her nightmares right now.

Riven began to move towards her bedroom; however she was interrupted by a quick knock at the door. Turning around, Riven let out an agitated sigh.

“What do you want?” She said harshly as she opened the door. The girl standing in front of her seemed to pay no heed to Riven’s angry tone, and smiled brightly up at her.

“Hello!” the girl said cheerfully, clasping her hands behind her back. Her shoulder cut blonde hair seemed to glimmer in the sunlight, as well as her attire; a white shirt and pants streaked with gold. Riven instantly marked her as a fellow champion, a girl by the name of Lux. However, it was quite strange to not see her shadowed by her brother Garen, especially in this side of the league.

“Again, what do you want Demacian? I do not have the time to just stand here while you smile at me.” Riven replied, scowling at the girl. The girl cringed, but never gave up that wide smile.

“Well, seeing as you are new around her, I just wanted-“ She began to say only to be interrupted by a door slamming in her face. Riven was about to head for her bed once more when Lux began to knock once more, followed by the occasional ‘hello?’ and ‘Riven?’.

“Go away!” Was Riven’s only response, as she proceeded to ignore the knocks and continuing to move towards her bedroom. However, that is when she heard the knob on her door click, and the door itself beginning to open.

All signs of exhaustion left Riven as she quickly grasped the nearest knife (which she had strewn throughout the room) and whirled around, throwing it at the figure at the door with inhuman accuracy.

Lux let out a small scream, jumping back as a shield of light surrounded her. The shield formed itself just in time, the knife lodging itself in it firmly, only to fall harmlessly to the floor. Lux then looked up at Riven, whom was holding another knife, ready to throw it at any moment. Lux shielded her face with her arms, pressing her back against the wall.

“Riven don’t! I only wanted to talk; there is no need to be so hostile! Besides, if they saw you trying to harm another champion on league grounds they will surely kick you out!” Lux exclaimed hurriedly, readying to erect another shield around her.

Riven slowly lowered her knife, glaring heatedly at Lux. “Get out of my sight now, Demacian. I want no part in your talk, I only wished to be left alone.” She spat, muscles still tense with adrenaline. However, this seemed not to dissuade lux whom had her mouth open once again, ready to talk. Riven interrupted her by taking a step forward, knife once again ready to throw. “I said go, before I decide being kicked out of the league is well worth the pleasure of killing you.”

That seemed to break through to Lux, and the girl was sent scrambling down the hall. Only when Lux was clear out of sight Riven began to sag with exhaustion once again. She placed her knife down, slowly walking to her door and closing it. She didn’t bother with the knife outside; it would be nothing new in the Noxian corridors. With that, she collapsed on her couch, falling asleep the moment her head hit the cushions

Riven was wandering through a desert, the hot sun beating down on her. She knew not where she was, or how she got here. All she knew was that she was there. As she trudged through the sand, she began to sweat profusely, her cheeks flushing from the heat. Suddenly, she felt her foot kick something, and looked down only to scream in terror.

Half buried in the sand lay the mutilated head of a child. Deep gashes crisscrossing the screaming face erased all hope of identifying the child. The sand around the head had mixed in with the blood, caking the child in red dirt. Riven began to vomit, refusing to look at the child and instead closing her eyes. When finally the contents of her stomach were emptied she opened her eyes, and found that the child had vanished, as had the desert.

Darkness surrounded Riven; everywhere she looked there was only oblivion. However, with another scream she found that she was not alone. Hundreds of bodies and decapitated heads lay in piles around her. A very large pool of blood began to spread from under the bodies, soon staining Riven’s boots a dark red.

“You, it was you who did this. It was you who slaughtered hundreds of us like we were no more than animals.” A deep voice rang out, chilling Riven’s very core. “You were the one who brought despair to my people; you are the one who their blood cries out for vengeance.”

Riven collapsed to her knees, covering her ears with her hands. “Men, Women, even Children fell to your blade. Even after that you cheated death, a death you rightfully deserved.” Tears began to stream down Riven’s face. Her eyes were then suddenly forced open, an unseen force commanding her to look at the dead bodies, lifeless eyes staring right back at her.

“Look at the destruction you caused, yet you dare to escape death countless times, yet you dare to shatter your sword and declare yourself free from Noxus? Do you think simply shattering the sword that you used to kill my people and simply saying you split form the city-state that commanded the destruction of mine will redeem yourself? Do you really think yourself split from Noxus? You live in their corridors. You constantly show their brutality. You socialize with the. You train them. No, you are not free of them. You will never be freed of them, and you will never be redeemed. There is no such thing as redemption for one such as you; there is only vengeance for the dead.”

“Make it stop! Make it stop!” Riven wailed, scratching her eyes in a futile attempt to close them. She could not bear to face the hundreds she had killed. The hundreds she had separated for their families. The hundreds she had laughed at as they were cut down with no resistance.

The voice began to laugh manically, a chilling laugh that made Riven’s hairs stand on end. “I would gladly end this Riven, however that would be too light a punishment for the crimes you have caused against my people. Yes, I will make you suffer, as you made my people suffer."

Riven bolt upright, shaking and tightly gripping her blankets. Cold sweat poured down her forehead. She became aware of a stinging sensation, almost enough to be called painful. Her hand quickly shot to her eye. The small amount of moonlight coming into the room showed that it came back red, from where she had scratched at her eyes.

Riven shivered, wiping her bloodied hand on her shirt. It was then that she realized that she was in her bed, not her couch. Quickly turned on her lamp, she noticed that there was a folded piece of paper on her nightstand. As she opened it she was greeted by a letter of neat, flowing script. She already knew who it was from.

Dear Riven,

I apologize for my earlier rudeness. I came to your room and found you thrashing on your couch so I felt the need in me to move you to a more comfortable area. I wish for us to talk sometime soon. Maybe we can get some tea over at a local shop I know of.

-Lux Crownguard

Riven stared at the note for a long time, and for what seemed like the thousandth time since she left Noxus, she cried.

Cerubois

03-19-2012

First!

I'm looking forward to this. It's good already.

Together, we'll make their relationship totally canon. Mwahaha!

PhoDaKids

03-19-2012

its duhh good stuff keep it up dude cant wait for more

SeaofLight

03-19-2012

Can't tell if I like it or not yet. Really intrusive Lux. And an ornery Riven. Although it may just be because of the circumstances. I'll have to read more of it.

Cerubois

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaofLight View Post
Can't tell if I like it or not yet. Really intrusive Lux. And an ornery Riven. Although it may just be because of the circumstances. I'll have to read more of it.
I figured Riven was just pissed because she was having a terrible day. And Lux was just being Lux (the overly friendly, curious, and possibly much too concerned for her own good side of her :P). I'm curious to see how they'll get along in the future. I'm a little concerned we may end up sharing ideas accidentally... but we'll see.

SeaofLight

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
I figured Riven was just pissed because she was having a terrible day. And Lux was just being Lux (the overly friendly, curious, and possibly much too concerned for her own good side of her :P). I'm curious to see how they'll get along in the future. I'm a little concerned we may end up sharing ideas accidentally... but we'll see.
Yeah, yeah, like I said. I'll read more. Won't have an opinion until then.

Kotuakai

03-20-2012

I did have a couple of updates already written, but I decided to scrap it all because I didn't like them. I won't be able to update as much as I wanted to now, but whatever.

Silver of Souls

03-24-2012

This is quite interesting and I'm curious to see where you take it

M0J0E

04-10-2012

I like it so far. But just a word of warning, there's only one way you're going to one-up Guiding Light: get to the secks scenes

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

This was certainly interesting. I will keep up with it and see where it goes, you've done a wonderful job so far