Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why isn't Leona...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heal n Peel

03-19-2012

She's considered a kill-lane support. When people see something labeled as kill-lane they think the game is over for a couple of reasons.
1. You must continuously kill your opponents to keep them from farming/allowing your carry to farm safely (False). Put a little fear into your opponent and zone them all day.
2. She doesn't provide the near infinite sustain as say Soraka or Sona.

Dryesias

03-19-2012

I like her. She's my most played champion in ranked at 1700+.

Actually she's really the only support I play if I'm support.

Mendhi

03-19-2012

I don't really see her as *support* in the traditional sense. You have to play aggressively with her and have an aggressive partner if you're doing bot. You can't just let your partner farm away like a regular support, because that means you get behind in money fast and can't get the CDR/tank items she needs. A regular *support* isn't as item dependent as someone whose supposed to tank and CC people.

That's kind of her only real design flaw. She works best in a very, very specific niche, and isn't as flexible as other tanks in other roles (top lane/jungle/etc.). She's amazing with a good partner, but as someone before said, you can't really screw up at all with her. She's very tanky if you can gear up for it, but the problem is that she doesn't have much control over income.

Azn Booty

03-19-2012

Leona is a really fun bot lane support but she just doesn't fit into all team comps.
She is best paired with aggressive champs; and someone you can communicate with via skype usually helps.
Soraka counters her pretty hard in lane as does Sona, idk why people are getting down voted for saying that cause it's the truth. I had a 70% win rate with Leona and those two were the worst to deal with.