Why has no one figured out Fiora mid is awesomely strong?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 42
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walter H White

03-19-2012

It's been three weeks already, and still I have yet to see another mid lane Fiora in ranked. It works well for me, why haven't people caught on?

To clarify: I max q>w>e, and play extremely aggressive early game. Use 21/9/0, and whatever runes Phreak had in the spotlight.

Also, look at my ranked stats. Look at whatever Fiora games are in my match history.

Yes, not every mage mid would lose. Someone mentioned fiddle, who obviously would win early on (at 6 you can full to zero him). Each lane is different. But you can dominate right from the start against most.

I now stream! http://www.justin.tv/cheeseyfries apologies for low quality--I'm on a laptop. (streaming ranked so no promises I can get mid Fiora, but I will try!)

Belaire

03-19-2012

because AP MID YO!

Samuel Lee

03-19-2012

how
please elaborate how you don't get cc'ed immediately after you use your speed buff, and how you're winning in trades against magic damage which doesn't get parried

IS188e6aeaddef9a81b30d5

03-19-2012

AP yi all the way

Jack Poe

03-19-2012

It's like Xin mid. It also works pretty well, but people are terrified to put a melee in mid.

Walter H White

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Lee View Post
how
please elaborate how you don't get cc'ed immediately after you use your speed buff, and how you're winning in trades against magic damage which doesn't get parried
I don't feel making a lengthy guide, but basically, just max q>w>e, and play extremely aggressive starting at 2. Almost no mages stand a chance. Check out my ranked stats if you don't believe me.

Zeraki Zodia

03-19-2012

Let me use Fiddlesticks on you...Yeah...I don't think Fiora can beat that

Digitality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

You're sending a squishy DPS with CC as a major weakness to lane against the nuker who likely has the CC for the enemy team?

I've done it, I've taken her mid once or twice, and it can be effective very early, but it's a also risky lane. They only have to play cautious until they get their combo, and then they're going to blow you right the hell up.

Fisherman Fizz

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraki T View Post
Let me use Fiddlesticks on you...Yeah...I don't think Fiora can beat that
I would hope a plat player wouldn't be stupid enough to pick Fiora mid BEFORE seeing what the enemy mid will be.

Kakomu

Recruiter

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseyFries View Post
It's been three weeks already, and still I have yet to see another mid lane Fiora in ranked. It works well for me, why haven't people caught on?
Because people hate trying new things.

But I can see it working pretty well. Some match ups I can see ending poorly though.

1234511 ... 42