Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Things to become a better player!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

1st off my english is bad, i am an engineer.

so i feel america is now the weakest link around the world in the game, and i would like to help most people who look the forums with some team strats to create good atmosphere for playing and better team work.

1. stay positive/ward (warding is #1, and watch where the pros ward. Scarra's 1st time back gets 2 wards if they have a jungler that can gank mid easy and wards both sides of the river)
this mostly for low elo, i know it is frustrating (because i am here)

1a. try to pick decent champs.
out picking is very strong in the game, and normally leads to victory. Champ select is very strong. And for people who think "Tanking" is part of this game, it is not. You need an: Ad carry, support, ap, INITIATION, jungler, tanky champ. Champs like uydr riven cho shvyanna shen, are all very tanky yes, But it is the role of initiation that matters. STarting the fight matters. (Not all bruisers start the fight others can start the fight ex ashe rumble/anyone else with a stun/slow, but i hope you get the point)

1a. Dont stay in lane with less then 200 health please.
just play smart, and heal is always the best decision.. Bottom lane try to back together!! that is so important that yall get on the same page, and heal together!

2. watch just as much as you play
there are so many people streaming, and the best of the best playing, there is no reason so not try to learn (unless you dont want to) .

2a. While watching realize what is going on.
know what is better, dragon or towers for each situations, (varies a lot) a quick example, after team fight you have 4 alive they have 4 dead, and you can get inhibitor. Get inhibitor, then do baron after you heal. Safer (because they have supers pushing the lane, if they balls and come out just wait tell supers go into base). But also know that if you get baron most of the time you can get easy free 2-4 towers (depending).

2b. after getting baron DONT DIVE AT 1ST TOWER (always exceptions). you got a 4-5 min buff, use it. Poking towers is by far the best thing to do. Look how the team roles together, and go for buffs/heal before pressuring anything. (unless really easy baron).

2c. Even tho you won your lane and got the tower down, that does not mean you dont go back. It is your job to make sure the lane is always pushing. This error occurs a lot in mid game. Best thing to do is push lane, then group.

2d. watch when the pro teams do group.
the first group (besides invaide) is normally for the 1st dragon, which is normally after the 1st death bottom (if around lvl 6). Also realize that they push lanes 1st.

2e. when a pro team is split pushing, they dont engage, also they dont let the opposing team just back up to deal with it. The best way to help split pushing is pressure.Keep lanes pushing at all times, creates better vision/ability to make plays as team.

I am being very very vague, but i hope this sparks your interest in learning the game, not just playing it.

3. keep track of buffs/timers.
not only does this gain respect from your team mates, but it really helps the over mission for the team.

4. Understand your match in your lane.
kennen vs olaf and olaf rushes wriggles/ might not be the smartest idea. Get mr please!.
WHEN YOU ARE LOSING, TEAM FIGHTS ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT AS FARMING!! ward and dont get caught to try to catch up iteam wise.

There is so much more, but i hope that the people that dont know these things will create better team play mid to late game in solo q! I have hope in the community!

thanks

Cole

November Anon

03-18-2012

I was about to read your post until I realize you insulted Americans.

Stopped at top. Downvoted.

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

you must not watch much!!

November Anon

03-18-2012

Quote:
BoxersVsBriefs:
you must not watch much!!

You could have skipped the part about Americans being the worst players and the post would've still been just as informative (how informative it is currently, I don't know, because I refuse to read it).

And yes I watch streams.

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

great! glad your watching! you must watch all the pros making accounts on the euro server?

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

bump!

November Anon

03-18-2012

Quote:
BoxersVsBriefs:
great! glad your watching! you must watch all the pros making accounts on the euro server?

Right, because I can't learn anything from American Streams.

Europe, we carried you during WW2. Do us a favor and get off your "I'm better than you" high horses.

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

didnt mean to post the same thing twice, wanted better name

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-18-2012

i am american....... ..

didnt say you couldnt learn anything.... just proving the weakest link part. stop trolling my thread please!

ZEN BoxerBriefs

03-19-2012

would like more people to read!