Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NullAurelian

10-09-2012

A small ornithopter flutters in through an open archway, much like a small bird would. It circles for a moment before alighting on a slightly raised piece of stone for a moment. After it drops its message, if flies back out quickly, if not gracefully.

To the Sentinel:
What is it like to be made of stone? Do the wind, sun, and rain still have the same sort of sensory feedback as a creature of flesh and bone would understand it?
And your thoughts of the inevitable creation of flying machines, both lighter-than-air and winged amalgamation?

((The mad ornithopter returns! I respect Galio too much to be destroying his place.))

Ask Galio

10-14-2012

((Hey all, I'm back from a long weekend. My school's marching band took first place in its class at the Yamaha Cup (http://trigonroad.com/yea/eventInfo.cfm?id=521) at MetLife stadium, the home of the NY Jets. A tour of NYC followed. Great trip!))

Quote:
NullAurelian:
A small ornithopter flutters in through an open archway, much like a small bird would. It circles for a moment before alighting on a slightly raised piece of stone for a moment. After it drops its message, if flies back out quickly, if not gracefully.

To the Sentinel:
What is it like to be made of stone? Do the wind, sun, and rain still have the same sort of sensory feedback as a creature of flesh and bone would understand it?
And your thoughts of the inevitable creation of flying machines, both lighter-than-air and winged amalgamation?

((The mad ornithopter returns! I respect Galio too much to be destroying his place.))

To be made of stone... what is it like just to be? Whether it is flesh or stone or something else, creatures exist with the purpose they are born with. What form they are in has less importance. However, that said, being made of stone, sensory feedback is not any different. While humans have their nervous systems, I have my inherent runes engraved in my skin. One of its functions is sensory.

Flying machines were bound to happen. Humans are the most innovative creatures I have ever witnessed. They cannot fly, but they have seen others do so. They study those creatures, and eventually are able to recreate a similar enough process to be able to do so themselves.

Ask Galio

10-18-2012

((Le bump.))

xcyper33

10-19-2012

Galio, a couple of questions: Are you still made of stone as Gatekeeper Galio? You resemble a demon more than anything in that form.

Another question: Are you capable of feeling love? Are you capable of falling in love with someone else?

Ask the Shadow

10-19-2012

Sentinel,

Thy very nature intrigues me, to an extent. Though I have seen beings similar to thee in the Shadow Isles, fulfilling roles similar to thee, even, they are statues and gargoyles imbued with spirits of the dead. I would inquire as to the nature of thy construction; dost thou possess true sentience of thy own, or does thy life come from the spirits of the departed? Regardless of thy response, 'twould seem that I may have openings within my legions for a being of thy countenance. Among the Shadow Isles, thou wouldst be reunited with thy master, oversee judgement of the assassins that claimed him; the Shadow Isles offer ye a new beginning. Consider my offer, Sentinel.

Hecarim, the Shadow of War,

Ask Galio

10-19-2012

Quote:
xcyper33:
Galio, a couple of questions: Are you still made of stone as Gatekeeper Galio? You resemble a demon more than anything in that form.

Another question: Are you capable of feeling love? Are you capable of falling in love with someone else?

Magic does many wonders, summoner. It so happens that the head summoners are quite adept at visual arts. Their attention to detail is pristine. To be honest, I never existed as a demon. It just happens that the High Council had an idea that they followed through with.

I am capable of feeling emotions, yes, and that includes love. However, I doubt the compatibility of any living creature existing on Runeterra. It matters little. Even if one such being should happen to come into Valoran, then more the better. I am ageless. It may happen one day.

Quote:
Ask the Shadow:
Sentinel,

Thy very nature intrigues me, to an extent. Though I have seen beings similar to thee in the Shadow Isles, fulfilling roles similar to thee, even, they are statues and gargoyles imbued with spirits of the dead. I would inquire as to the nature of thy construction; dost thou possess true sentience of thy own, or does thy life come from the spirits of the departed? Regardless of thy response, 'twould seem that I may have openings within my legions for a being of thy countenance. Among the Shadow Isles, thou wouldst be reunited with thy master, oversee judgement of the assassins that claimed him; the Shadow Isles offer ye a new beginning. Consider my offer, Sentinel.

Hecarim, the Shadow of War,

True sentience? Yes, Hecarim. Animating magic provides the being with a soul, and personality, of its very own. That's perhaps the reason it was outlawed. One could theoretically play the Creator by being an animator. It is my own sentience, and I own no life from the dead.

I have absolutely no interest in joining the ranks of the undead, Hecarim. I never truly lived natural life to begin with, so I can not die as ones normally would, even though I contain a soul like all others. The soul itself is the difference. The possibility of seeing Durand again made me hesitate for a fraction of a second, but it is not what he would have desired. I know him better than anyone else, alive or not. I need no new beginning. It is not new, as my story has already been writing itself since my inception in Durand's workshop. That would just be another part of it. You cannot simply erase the past. Your offer has been considered, and denied.

Ask Galio

10-27-2012

((Life story update: 1430 on SAT for Reading and Math, 2080 for all 3.))

Also,

Civilized Rat

10-27-2012

I see you continue to ignore me in plain sight. I can see you when I am around. Surely you see me.
I don't like that very much you know.

Hm? Explain yourself.

Bowlby

10-28-2012

Has the league ever said anything to you about the magic? Or do you blend in too well with certain other champions that they haven't noticed? They were after all the one that forbid it. It'd be pretty worrying.

Ask Galio

10-28-2012

Quote:
Civilized Rat:
I see you continue to ignore me in plain sight. I can see you when I am around. Surely you see me.
I don't like that very much you know.

Hm? Explain yourself.

Even if I could see you, I really wouldn't feel the need to pay attention to you unless you give me something to say. If we're both just standing there in silence, then I have no qualms keeping it that way.

Quote:
Bowlby:
Has the league ever said anything to you about the magic? Or do you blend in too well with certain other champions that they haven't noticed? They were after all the one that forbid it. It'd be pretty worrying.

What magic in particular, summoner? There are too many subvarieties of magic to keep track of. Mine in particular is not an offensive magic by nature, therefore the summoners do not really mind my existence. You may notice other magics like Brand's being pent up, for his is meant to purge everything on Valoran. I don't believe the summoners wish that to happen, therefore, they forbid magic like his and those with similar results.