Is Veigar a good choice on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RectumHoward

07-16-2012

Hard randomed Veigar in dominion today. Went from 5th place to 1st and carried to victory.

HaIfhearted

07-16-2012

While his cooldowns are rather longish, they are very impactful.

Dark Matter is a 1:1 AoE nuke with an obscene range, Event Horizon is an incredibly powerful stun/zoning tool that can set up W quite nicely, and his ult absolutely DESTROYS other AP's.

Even without Q farm Veigar should still be able to dish out some hurt, and he has the potential to turn fights around.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Veigar is a good counterpick in dominion. His stun is awesome as well.

But in my opinion in most matches you're better off running another mage. I love veigar, but there's just too many tanky dps with gap closers and the matches are over to quick to get farmed up.

MyDeadGrandma

07-17-2012

I don't see what the fuss about Veigar's Q is. You don't see Nasus players complaining about not being able to farm their SS.

Zarbarros

07-17-2012

Veigar counters Jax bot

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
I don't see what the fuss about Veigar's Q is. You don't see Nasus players complaining about not being able to farm their SS.
Yeah I think not being able to farm up Veigar or Nasu's Q all day if offset by getting items more quickly.

People would complain about Nasus not being able to farm his Q in the past, I think at this point he's proven himself an effective bottom so it's not brought up.

Yokel85

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
I don't see what the fuss about Veigar's Q is. You don't see Nasus players.
ftfy

Desocupado

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnad View Post
Not very useful. Consider:

Passive: Not as effective due to rampant mp5 on Dominion
Q: Cannot be farmed
W: Often useless for 1v1 and 2v2's, and fewer creeps means this is less efficient to farm.
E: Good, very good stun.
R: Who else is going to have Karthus levels of AP?
Passive: Works even stronger on dominion due higher base mp/5
Q: Cannot be farmed (usually a poor skill)
W: Very powerfull area nuke, requires pratice and/or other champs CC
E: Godly stun, which won't cost as much on your mana
R: Deals good damage on hybrid/AP champs.

Itemization:
Rylais can help with squishyness and ganks (a single Q will do full slow)
DFG: It's his most adictive item
CDR: For more stuns.

Redenbacher

07-18-2012

The problem with Veigar is his complete lack of sustained damage.

If your team is built around supporting him, and taking advantage of his stun spam (you MUST max CDR), he can do well. However, burst casters in general have a hard time because of how effective sustained damage is on Dominion. If you build just enough HP/MR (which is much cheaper than Veigar's AP) to survive Veigar's nuke combo, all you have to do is stick to him and he'll die.

On the other hand, a caster like Cassiopeia has high sustained damage, long range AoE on a very short cooldown, and also packs an AoE stun. It's on a much longer cooldown, but that doesn't matter much when the enemy team rarely survives a well-timed ultimate.

It's not that Veigar can't be useful, it's simply that there are other casters that fill a similar role to greater effectiveness.

Tortferngatr

07-18-2012

I've seen Veigar be quite effective at bursting, especially if his team is there to pick up any remaining health.

Luckily, I'm a Karth player. Burst me with my team around me, and I've got seven seconds to put down a wall, damage and slow you with Rylai's Q, or reveal you with Hextech Sweeper's passive.