How do you build Zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haly

08-02-2010

I meant Archangel staff, woops!

Also sometimes I get lichbane + guardian's when I'm doing well. 7% MS bonus and double revive for the win.

zubey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

I like:

Blue crystal + heal pot
Boots1
Catalyst
Boots2
RoA
Tear of Goddess
defensive item, based on enemies (Glacial Shroud vs physical is good; Aegis vs Balanced; Banshee's vs magic)
Archangel's staff
defensive items here on out

Moonmixer

08-02-2010

Meki + 2 Health Pots
Boots of Mobility
Chalice
Tear of the Goddess
Glacial Shroud
Archangel's
Fro. Heart/Banshee's Veil
Zhonya's (if the game lasts this long)

Prioritize veil or frozen heart if you're getting heavy focus from dpsers/casters respectively.

This is a straight support build, seeing as you're only getting AP from Archangel's. You'll have ridiculous CDs and mana regen, and your movespeed will be up at 600 when traveling from place to place.

LeftyLambert

08-02-2010

I found an amazing guide on mobafire. It is AMAZINGLY effective if used right. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-voidling-3259
Trust me.

MyGiganticWang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

The key to zilean.

level up this way

q
w
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q

and double bomb the **** out of them until they cry

Rippedface

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almitt View Post
Go mid
start with meki and pots, the asap back for a chalice
Tear of the goddes
Merc boot (usually the best choice)
depending on opponents ( rylais, RoA or pretty much anything you want that gives you either mana or AP)
Then get your archangels when you are satisfyed with your mana.
Then zonyas.
I disagree with one thing with this and that is the boots. Sorc Shoes with the Magic Pen will make your time bombs even more terrifying.

Krigare

08-02-2010

Meki pendant
Boots of mobility/merc
meki > fiendish codex
Glacial shroud
Archangel's staff
Glacial > frozen heart
Guardian Angel (double revive yessss)

That way you have loads of CDR (with runes it's 40%), so you can start spamming everything. Hell, your rewind has a 3 second cooldown. You also have loads of mana + archangel's staff + fiendish codex (which you can turn into a deathfire if you really want to) = plenty of ap, which is enough for your bobms to still do significant damage. If the build doesn't satisfy your ap craves, I ususally go haunting guise for more health too, unless you want something like RoA or zhonya's

Boots of mobility are just great with zilean, them + speed boost gets you across the map, you'll be an uncatchable, time bomb spamming, reviving terrorist

Conflagrator

08-02-2010

Thank you for replies.
In a few Zilean games I played (on another account), I find myself rushing a RoA then Boots of Mobility, followed by a CDR item. Using clarity as a summoner spell, I only occasionally run out of mana.

Is my build effective? And is getting an Archangel Staff still necessary when I am using clarity?

Almitt

Adjudicator

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflagrator View Post
Thank you for replies.
In a few Zilean games I played (on another account), I find myself rushing a RoA then Boots of Mobility, followed by a CDR item. Using clarity as a summoner spell, I only occasionally run out of mana.

Is my build effective? And is getting an Archangel Staff still necessary when I am using clarity?
Short: yes
Long answear: Building RoA then BoM is also a very viable strategy, and with the low cd you will have it does make you a threat.
Problem is that you are not completely utilising the power you have. Your spells are already highly spamable, making a tear the best possible item. Your build will not easily give you the highest dmg potential.
The BUT: your build gives you something else though. due to the even higher spamability of your rewind, your ult will have a VERY short CD, making you an extremely good support.

I do not advertise taking clarity instead of tear, as it might not provide you with the mana you need, and even if it does you will have a kinda weak summonerspell.
Tear on zilean will fill up in such a high rate that it will fix his manaprobs forever.

Basicly, going your build makes you a god support, while the others suggested makes you a powerfull nuke.
Also, it is quite possible to combine these two, for example getting tear and then massing CDR will give you a medium nuke with the low cd's you want.