What is the current 3v3 meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J 2 the orel

03-18-2012

I don't play ranked so I'm just curious. Is there a jungle? Is there a ad carry and support bot lane? What is the accepted setup in ranked matches?

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

AD top
AP bot
Jungler
Edit: downvotes make me stronger and make me post more

Aionc

03-19-2012

The 3s meta is very vague. The more experienced teams usually use a Jungler with an AD Ranged for late game. Most teams just go 3 bruisers with a person controlling the jungle but spending a considerable amount of time in lane. Since there's no clear division between the jungles it is often contested. If there is no jungler 2 bot is common but I've seen no-jungler teams go 2 top for dragon control.

15 Minutes

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aionc View Post
The 3s meta is very vague. The more experienced teams usually use a Jungler with an AD Ranged for late game. Most teams just go 3 bruisers with a person controlling the jungle but spending a considerable amount of time in lane. Since there's no clear division between the jungles it is often contested. If there is no jungler 2 bot is common but I've seen no-jungler teams go 2 top for dragon control.
Range AD wins lategame yes, but if you are a good player you dont reach lategame you just end it. In TT, it is mostly melee/bruisers with gap closers so there is no point playing a range AD because you get gibbed, unless you have the finest positioning. Always 2 top never 2 bot if you do not have jungle. All the action happens top lane.

Koldheartedjsp

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aionc View Post
2 bottom teams are very inexperienced and don't realize 2 top is hands down better. You go 2 top because that's where all the jungle is. Sure red buff is in middle, but its over rated and the top jungle is way more valuable in terms of xp, xp advantage is everything in 3s

Deathcapt

03-20-2012

Yeah, it's so annoying, I don't have a team for 3s, and I'm always like, we should have a jungler, or 2 top. and everyone's like "NO, 2 BOT!, RUSH middle bush bot lane".

MirrorrorriM

03-22-2012

you now i'v always wondered the same thing lol