How to type in Hangul (Korean) on LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Fun Allowed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

So basically one of my old High School buddy's has been studying to be an English teacher in South Korea and often will send me random messages over MSN or Facebook in Korean and I use a translator to understand the message, often its crude/rude jokes.

Anyhow, I just got him into league a couple of days ago and he was wondering how you are able to use Hangul on the LoL client. I remember people being able to have names with Korean characters (not the case anymore I think). And speak Korean/Chinese/Japanese in chat.

I just came here to ask if any of you know of a way to allow the client to recognize Korean Characters because when he trys to type in Korean it won't even let him.

P.S. he speaks perfect English and will know to do so on the NA client when playing with other people.

PandaBrewz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

I tried it once, you can type Korean OUTSIDE of the game, pretty much anywhere except for when you're in a chat room/queue/after game. When you're in a game you can type Korean as well but shows up as boxes. I've seen other fellow Koreans type in Korean (it turns out to be blank spaces during queue/after game but boxes in-game, though I can see what they're typing with copy+paste onto google or anywhere), don't know how this is done.
Works on Forums though ㅋ

No Fun Allowed

03-18-2012

Well thanks for the reply, apparently its not even an option for him to type in Korean on the client (in game/chat/chat rooms) I'm going to try and set up Korean on my keyboard with Microsoft IME and try it (even though I don't speak Korean, lol).

No Fun Allowed

03-18-2012

ㅈㄹ듈덜ㄷㅎ려ㅗㅎㄱ헉휴 does it work on here?

ED it does...its just a bunch of random keyboard bashing so don't translate

PandaBrewz

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatulla View Post
ㅈㄹ듈덜ㄷㅎ려ㅗㅎㄱ헉휴 does it work on here?
Yep.

PandaBrewz

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakiZun View Post
[][][][][] [][] [][]? [][][] [][] [][]!
We're being serious here by the way.

JayAyWhy

03-18-2012

there is a seperate client u have to download to actually read/type in korean for NA servers...i think if u google it u prob can find the client u need to type in korean

FakiZun

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBrewz View Post
We're being serious here by the way.
Serious answer? They have Korean patch for NA client. I heard its like language pack or something. ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ anyways

NTDR

Recruiter

03-18-2012

이렇게 한글 쓰면 되요 ^^

PandaBrewz

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdr View Post
이렇게 한글 쓰면 되요 ^^
게임할때 말하시는거같은데