Calling MIA's in TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zzCitizen

03-19-2012

If they aren't dead or visible on the map, chances are they are already on the way to gank your ass. Especially if there is a Shaco or Tryndamere or Twitch who are literally mia the entire match. So, there is no point in saying mia. Just play paranoid, but aggressive with a backup plan making sure your escape is ready. Or just pick up clairvoyance.

I cannot tell you how many jungle fights I've won because of clairvoyance.

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

Ha ha ha. Wow you guys are noobs. You are aware that LoL devs copied the great and mighty DotA and have included for your gaming pleasure: PINGS.

I know a lot of people are unaware that you can click on those little red and yellow icons at the top left of your minimap and click on your map. Ping! You can even use keyboard shortcuts which I believe are Ctrl- or Alt-Click. I personally use G-click (gank-him or go-here) and V-click. You can even change the keybindings to whatever the hell you want!

Now magically, in an instant, you can press a key, click on your map and voila! Instant MIA! No excuse that you weren't reading chat because there is a tell-tale "PING" noise to go with it! No excuse that it takes too long to hit multiple keys on your keyboard.

Alan MQ

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
Ha ha ha. Wow you guys are noobs. You are aware that LoL devs copied the great and mighty DotA and have included for your gaming pleasure: PINGS.

I know a lot of people are unaware that you can click on those little red and yellow icons at the top left of your minimap and click on your map. Ping! You can even use keyboard shortcuts which I believe are Ctrl- or Alt-Click. I personally use G-click (gank-him or go-here) and V-click. You can even change the keybindings to whatever the hell you want!

Now magically, in an instant, you can press a key, click on your map and voila! Instant MIA! No excuse that you weren't reading chat because there is a tell-tale "PING" noise to go with it! No excuse that it takes too long to hit multiple keys on your keyboard.
You are just saying PING as a alternative than MIA call.
That is to say you do support some sort of notification is necessary.

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan MQ View Post
You are just saying PING as a alternative than MIA call.
That is to say you do support some sort of notification is necessary.
Yes. Very good critical reasoning skills you possess.

Luego

03-19-2012

Pings seem to be more ... extreme... than mias. A mia call is usually a "care, keep your eye out". A ping is "get the hell out of there now".

Mia calls should be made whenever possible, at least until you have decent ward coverage (at very least one in lizard). Yes, if Trynd goes directly from bush to bottom lane through a wall, it's unlikely a call is warranted or even going to help much. Wards solve that problem.

Saying "LTmapawareness noob" is perfectly acceptable, but dumb. It's a team game. If you don't want to help your team, fine, but be prepared to lose. Even in 3s it's tough to carry all by yourself. If a 1 second mia call increases your chance of winning - and it does - just make the **** call and don't die by your principles.

pochoclotot

03-19-2012

You should keep red warded at all times, be clear that since it's warded you won't be calling mias. You should however let them know when you see the enemy moving in towards them, but people will most likely end up raging at you anyway, so it's kinda meh,

fazisi

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Pings seem to be more ... extreme... than mias. A mia call is usually a "care, keep your eye out". A ping is "get the hell out of there now".
Intuitive ping placements help to convey the message. For example, a retreat ping in an empty lane means MIA. A retreat ping on top of your position means GET BACK!

Prefix

Master Recruiter

03-19-2012

Later game its not important but until wards are all set up its 100% important.

DrWhippy

03-19-2012

It takes about 2 seconds to type out so I say it regardless of the effects to prevent any anger.

Kensai07

03-20-2012

Regardless of map, I do not feel MIA is all that necessary. Sure they are nice if you're relatively confident they are ganking but I get tired of getting yelled at because someone B's then ends up in another lane obvious (with or without a gank attempt) when no wards are placed, I'm sorry but a late MIA isn't a good excuse if you haven't used your wards. If someone complains I type MIA every single time someone disappears, spam gets annoying.. but that's exactly what some people want... until you do it.