Twitch or Olaf in ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Hold it right there. This is a flat out disqualifying argument. They are completely different champions besides being ranged. And the Shrooms are great in many ways and you can never have enough of them spread out.
Teemo is a great champion to have on team so is Ashe but I would not put both in at the same time.

No, you should never put both in at the same time, because they are quite similar.

biomorph

08-02-2010

As a vague description Teemo is more tactial than Ashe who is more straight forward.
Ashe is a harasser in group fights with volley due to long range and a great initiator.
Teemo has a blind which functions as a exhaust which can disable high physical DPS champions from tearing you up and well placed shrooms cover retreats and/or create give suprise elements.
Just from the top of my head ...

biomorph

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
No, you should never put both in at the same time, because they are quite similar.
In the sense that they are both squishy and physical ranged. I would pick ashe to support a pusher team and pick teemo for a ganker team.

IceDive

08-02-2010

How is teemo a better ganked then ashe? He has higher movement speed, but ashe has a stun and 2 slows.

biomorph

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
How is teemo a better ganked then ashe? He has higher movement speed, but ashe has a stun and 2 slows.
I never said any of this. If you have to use your stun arrow to avoid being ganked then either you or your team are not playing it right. The stun is supposed to initiate fights or prevent key targets from escaping.
If mean if you want to have a team that pushes I would go for ashe. If you have a ganker or two I would pick teemo to place shrooms in key locations and stay stealth and wait for enemies to get chased or get lead to you. etc etc.

IceDive

08-02-2010

Quote:
I never said any of this. If you have to use your stun arrow to avoid being ganked then either you or your team are not playing it right. The stun is supposed to initiate fights or prevent key targets from escaping.
I think you misread or misunderstood me. I never said anything about escaping ganks. I said that ashe is better at ganking. because, like you state, it prevents targets from escaping, as do her 2 slows.

Quote:
If mean if you want to have a team that pushes I would go for ashe. If you have a ganker or two I would pick teemo to place shrooms in key locations and stay stealth and wait for enemies to get chased or get lead to you. etc etc.
I would go for ashe either way, since ashe fullfils both rolls better imo.

bc87

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENUMB View Post
I would recomend Olaf: his ability to Jungle is very beneficial to the team and his versatility in building tank or dps overall make him a stronger character then twitch.

Don't automatically discount twitch just becaus of oracles though. There are ways to work around it and you can play twitch effectively until a fairly high elo.
At high-elo, Twitch becomes not so good.

Olaf is better in terms of versatility.

peyo

08-02-2010

Olaf... the tougher team u have, the better... twitch's to squishy...

IceDive

08-02-2010

Twitch is easy to shut-down, but with great positioning and timing he can still wreck teams. Wether you choose olaf or twitch depends mainly on team comp. Also, a jungler is a great addition to the team, and Olaf is decent at this. Both are viable enough to play I think. Just play the one you are most comfortable with if you can choose either one.