Twitch or Olaf in ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrumcious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

I only been playing for about a month so Im really not 30 yet, however i am a above average player (via Dota/HoN). I really do not know much about ranked games, and I am stuck with either playing as Olaf or Twitch. I bought Twitch already but i feel he will be useless in ranked games cause of Oracles, and I've searched many of the lvl 30 players and they do not have twitch played what so ever, so im deciding to switch to Olaf. What would be the best choice?

VENUMB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

I would recomend Olaf: his ability to Jungle is very beneficial to the team and his versatility in building tank or dps overall make him a stronger character then twitch.

Don't automatically discount twitch just becaus of oracles though. There are ways to work around it and you can play twitch effectively until a fairly high elo.

Scrumcious

08-01-2010

Thanks alot.

biomorph

08-01-2010

I would say it depends on team composition but Olaf I would say is generally better suited and can push well.
If your team mates have picked ashe or a teemo say I would definately not pick twitch where as if you are picking last all everyone has picked heavy pusher, carry or tank why not have a twitch for ganking?
Team composition - as we all know - really matters so choose accordingly but in my experience you never want too many squishies (1-2 max) on your team when playing ranked.
But given the nature of draft I would advice you to have at least one or two more champions to choose from and are familiar to you.

IceDive

08-01-2010

If your teammate has picked teemo, just accept the fact you are probably going to lose.

Cueballmac

08-01-2010

@IceDive
Picking teemo is to believe that you will probably loose?

- Sir I think you underestimate the power of scouting in the game, teemo's shroom bombs are one of the best ways to get enemy intel on the map. I don't see a point in your claim that the odds are bad with your teammate picking a teemo. I believe that every champion can be used efficiently even if it's in ranked games.

- Rather accept the fact that what you have only encountered are bad teemos, don't give false opinions without good basis and justification.

Knowledge is power in the game.. its not all about brute force. GG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@post
Teemo or Twitch?

If you are doing a solo queue, I would suggest to look on your team composition on what is lacking and also make sure to check the make up of the team opponent. Let your team judge your choice if you aren't confident with your skills. But any other day I would definitely go for a Twitch given that a pro player is using it. If not, Olaf would be a safer choice for the variability and toughness.

But if you are playing as a team, between a Olaf and Twitch, you should still pick twitch if you are ready even for oracles. Team fights aren't that heavily relying on twitches cloaking ability. Since you wouldn't be a good initiator. Rather try to get opportunities taking them down, than rushing like a fool. Team composition will heavily affect the outcome of the game in ranked matches.

IceDive

08-02-2010

I said probably, not surely.

Shrooms best way to get intell on the map? How about wards? When a champion's only unique addition to the team can be undone with an oracles or be matched by a couple of 90 gold items, that's not very impressive to me.

Also, yes, most teemo's are bad, because most bad players think he is good for some reason. I'd say 80% of teemo players gets malady and berserksers greaves. Ashe for example is a better version of Teemo. She also has map control, she has more reliable CC and she has a great initiation skill.

biomorph

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
Ashe for example is a better version of Teemo.
Hold it right there. This is a flat out disqualifying argument. They are completely different champions besides being ranged. And the Shrooms are great in many ways and you can never have enough of them spread out.
Teemo is a great champion to have on team so is Ashe but I would not put both in at the same time.

Cueballmac

08-02-2010

One of the best ways I said (for free plus the bonus that it deals annoying damage and even a chance to kill fleeing opponents).. please read accordingly.

True, wards are a must in a game, but they expire and someone has to keep buying them and even some one has to waste buying 400 gold for an oracle just counter a free skill. Which is also a waste of money rather than focusing core items during early phase. Now, when did we start talking about Ashe? the discussion was your opinion about teemos losing probability. Don't compare teemo to ashe because they are two very different heroes with different skills and purpose.

It all depends on the player how he uses him and how will they counter those who tries to counter him.
Anyways, I strongly believe that there is always a chance to win with every hero, just use them accordingly in a team play, right?

GG

IceDive

08-02-2010

We started talking about ashe, because I still think that she does what teemo does, but better. How are they compeltely different? Both are ranged champions with team utillity skills. Ashe's are just better then teemo's.

Sure, you can win with every champion. But I'd rather have ashe on my team then teemo, sicne they fullfil the same role, but ashe just does it better. It's like veigar and annie. Annie does the same as veigar. A well-played ashe adds more to the team than an evenly well-played teemo, jsut as a well-played annie adds more to a team than a well-played ryze.

But if you feel there is a big difference in the role ashe and teemo fullfilin a team, please do explain.