Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Xypherous: Potential Trolling will never exceed Trolling Potential (yup)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uber Bonisseur

03-17-2012

What the hell does it mean ?
!

That Riot is still holding back in term of champion design because of "Potential trolling"; we can't have, let's say, Positionning interactions with teamates. The ability to push/pull someone. The ability to create terrain. The ability to cause a debuff to allies (if it implies giving a greater buff as a tradeoff)

Anivia's wall might be the only ability ever created that implies "Trolling potential"; and Anivia was part of the original 40 ! I can remember joining the league when she was released. It doesn't mean everyone instantly turn into McLaren and starts walling his teamates. And we can still report deliberate trolling now.

So far, we're stuck with basic concepts such as Dashes, so we just multiply them (Fiora has TWO dashes !!1) to make it look more sophisticated.

Any plans for the future ? Will you take the risk ?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying you should give a champ the ability to throw his allies under the enemy turret every 10 sec. And we still have Tribunal for this.

Demonicdemise

03-17-2012

Trundle's pillar now instakills teamates.

Uber Bonisseur

03-17-2012

Quote:
Demonicdemise:
Trundle's pillar now instakills teamates.

Nah. I was thinking about some DotA abilities like Tiny's toss, or phase out on allies.

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

03-17-2012

trundle 2...

i doubt it srly, not only cause of trolling but because it also takes some skill

a blitzcrank pull on allies ability can be used without trolling intent, but still ruined the game

Siyamak

03-17-2012

You're also forgetting Jarvan trapping his allies, but yeah.

Ixionas

03-17-2012

Quote:
Uber Bonisseur:
Positionning interactions with teamates.

I don't want bad players having the ability to affect my positioning, whether they are trolling or not.

TNine27

03-17-2012

Anivia is a top pick for trolling, but honestly her trolling potential isn't that high. She can wall off your retreat, but only when you're retreating, and she can save an enemy, but only when he is retreating. As opposed to someone like Blitzcrank, who could run across the lane then Q you for the lulz when you aren't doing anything.

Also, notice how most of the impassable terrain champs are old. Because Riot doesn't really like doing them anymore.

PrincessDerpy

03-17-2012

Quote:
Uber Bonisseur:
Nah. I was thinking about some DotA abilities like Tiny's toss, or phase out on allies.

Toss is such an incredible intentional AND unintentional griefing tool.

Uber Bonisseur

03-17-2012

Quote:
Siyamak:
You're also forgetting Jarvan trapping his allies, but yeah.

Made me laugh.

Anivia doesn't require enemy target though

NaranjaSpencer

03-17-2012

Personally? A buddy toss ability is my single most-desired ability that they can make (that I've thought of... they have more creative minds than just mine, though, so who knows). I understand that it could be used to troll, or when used incorrectly, it could have devastating consequences, but it would still be extremely powerful.

Like Morgana's ult: when used wrong, you probably just baited your entire team into an awful team fight and lost the game because of it, but when used correctly, you basically just won everything forever for your team.